What do YOU want in 1.08?

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Autopilot and targeting program are both enhancements, and both are critical.

I get sick of being unable to dock stations when wrecks and navbeacons prevent me from doing so. I get annoyed when the AI can target me from any distance, but I cannot without the targeting program. I also get annoyed when I cannot order autons to kill something without targeting. This is why I made the Start with Free Targeting Program mod, so I do not need to put up with this grand user unfriendliness; not to mention a handicap against the player. Without a free targeting program, I consider it critical enough to start scum for it in the first system.

Free targeting also lets modders add features that depend on targeting and not worry about the player unable to access said features.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

The targeting thing was a game mechanic probably used to simulate scrolls in other games in Transcendence. Although one issue is that the targeting rom is too valuable to really be something we can live without. I think that more roms that do more things (maybe enhance the UI?) and then we can get the targeting rom as a freebie. Or we could earn it in Eridani, either through one of the mining, slum, or Raisu missions (as a first reward).
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was never big on ROMs at first but I admit : that given the chance to add a targeting or visual enhancement to a starting ship : I usually do it because you need the targeting program, especially oif your up against something that is 'standoff before you really can get one ( sometimes Eridani does not have any : I had to wait until just before Charon to get one several times.)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
onyhow
Miner
Miner

What PM said basically...

Or I propose that you give all ships basic ability to target...namely you can only target ships and stations you can see and it shows no information beyond name...and the current rom can act as enchantment...
christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Why we don't made two target ROM, one for Friendly and other for hostile, and the Player start with the Friendly and won the hostile with some missions, may be a new station on Eridani System, like a rival of Korolov Shipping or something....
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

or one only selects and the other aim the weapons
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I am currently playing vanilla games simultaneously from 1.01 to 1.07a for two weeks...... It's getting harder playing it compared to the former......I do appreciate the number of longzus added(thanks George) but why is there just one Korolov station now that gives missions before Rigel? It's harder to get MAG launchers now than before......and why did I get shot dead by Lord Mikho after saving Mr. Katami when it was the Cruiser of Kate that destroyed the BM station in Rigel? :cry:

...more question to come......
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

christian wrote:Why we don't made two target ROM, one for Friendly and other for hostile, and the Player start with the Friendly and won the hostile with some missions, may be a new station on Eridani System, like a rival of Korolov Shipping or something....
Agreed. I also recommend a third one, for targeting wrecks and enemy stations. Trying to specifically target an enemy station when there are lots of enemies around is very hard.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As far as I know , I have been the only recent spawner of very bad ideas in Eridani : I did do shipping companies, replacing the Pirates with Centauri : but the game version are changing so rapidly in the engine that the Centauri of 1.07a are nothing like the ones in 1.01, and by that I mean the game seems to handle them as if they are annoying the engine, they seem to die faster in my opinion.

I have tried the shipping stations, went to many headache reduction therapy classes at STK over a few, but they are cool to have in the game : i think George has not put more in because they get boring without side missions.
The mission framework can be a huge progress leap in this respect for the game : i loved it the minute i added it to my game ( the first test release ) : got annoying, but that is the "thing" with missions, they can get annoying if the player is presented with too much.
Korolov uses a roll to pick it's mission time, so maybe a rolling thing is a great way to go....I do not know. I am still a very bad Pilot .

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Keep the targeting upgrade process simple, provided that upgrading at all is necessary. Requiring multiple ROMs to achieve what a single ROM does would be a headache for something this vital. If a free targeting program is too much to ask, then I suggest one of the following options:
* Allow targeting up to range 20 or 30. Beyond that range requires the ROM.
* Show name only. Range and damage require the ROM; without it, they stay hidden.
* Make the targeting program ROM a guaranteed reward after the very first mission, whatever it is.

Targeting is a basic and vital feature. The lack of targeting at the start of each game (except for EI500s that start with it) hurts too much and is unacceptable. Give some sort of targeting when starting the game.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Those are all very good ideas PM. I +1 them :)
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
Dedalo
Miner
Miner

I think that an device or option to recycle a shipwreck could help.
Every different shipwreck would give a random amount of alloys that could be sold to stations.
For example:
- Corsair I & II - 100kg to 1 ton of titanium alloy
- Viking I & II - 200Kg to 1.5 tons of titanium alloy
- (...)
The efficiency of the processe would depend with the installed device.

I also think that an option to blast shipwreck's would make life easier. :idea:
(I think that someone already said something similar on this forum)
Physics hurts! Especially when she's in a bad mood.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I like the recycling mechanic. It would be a nice mod.
*RPC adds to list

As for the 2nd option, I think erik dela cruz has been adamant about asking for Vanilla scuttling.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:I like the recycling mechanic. It would be a nice mod.
*RPC adds to list
As for the 2nd option, I think erik dela cruz has been adamant about asking for Vanilla scuttling.
I can see this as a feature but the playership would require something like the micro factory on board, http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=439 or otherwise have to have a salvager / tinker involved....the player would, in the story line not have the ability or technology by themselves with a standard ship : maybe a new ship that can ID the wrecks for conversion to cargo as ore?

that will require a true code brain of an author so I will just sit and wait for it to be done : I am sure my simple ways can do close to it , but this requires some fantasy line behind it : like Ancient technology from the player's homeworld (or) you find a wreck of a ship you used to play on as a kid...(or) it can be something from the Ventari....

christian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

could be based on the code of the Gian processor(I don't remember the name), that one than shot on shipwreck and than "eat" them or whatever it does if that...