Armor level bonuses

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi all, fairly new to Transcendence, and very new to these boards. I've been playing around with this for a bit but have wondered at some of the inconsistencies in the labelling. One springs to mind, the 'automatic' upgrades in higher level armor.

If you go by the in game description you'd probably not bother with heavy blast plate over blast plate as it seems it doesn't have the radiation proof bonus... but it does. All level VII+ armor does (unless it has the radiation vulnerable tag) but you can't tell in game. You'd have to leave, search the forums etc to find that out... which I did after wondering at some of the differences. It's actually rather hard to find that info (for me anyway). As far as I know Radiation proof comes at level 7, EMP at level 9. I don't know any other invisible bonuses, but is it possible for the in game descriptions to show those when examining/buying armor? That would be an update I'd like to see.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... ent_curves

We really should make it more obvious somewhere, though, ingame.

Preview edit: dammit RPC, stealing my thunder. i was the one who remembered them too! :P
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OK, so that does damage type immunity, but is that all? Radiation and EMP effects aren't in that table (I think I did come across that one somewhere a few days ago but lost the link, thanks) are there any other odd effects? Is blindness levelled out, or is that along with EMP?

Plus, as Amariithynar said, what I was talking about mainly was the lack of finding info easily in game, not in a forum etc. After a while You get to know what the different advantages of leveled shields/armor are, but to people just starting (or people with bad memories :) ) it'd help to see this when you are actually examining an item rather than searching elsewhere and then coming back to the game.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Hmmm I think the wiki page that had all of that died :/
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah..what we really need is a *tool* for comparing armors....
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Schnobs
Miner
Miner

A "tool for comparing armor" is thinking too small.

More an "item information database" where you can look up the description of everything
you've ever seen. If that had a sufficiently large textbox, you could throw in pretty much
all relevant information.

Sortable by catergory, level & whatnot, possibly shortcuts from weapons to ammo...
the more I think about it, the more it becomes a bottomless pit (or kitchen sink). If I'd
do it, the UI would be somewhere beween aptitude and GNU info, in other words: ugly.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

While an encyclopedia accessible in game would solve the problem (and the inherant damage limitation of shields/armor would definitely help) is there any way to edit the data on each item and add in a 'special ability' just to label what abilities it has enherently? That way you could see those abilities when you were buying a weapon (or looking at it in the cargo bay etc) rather than hunting around for it's stats
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Edit: *double post*
Last edited by alterecco on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You could edit each items description. It would however break with really many mods out there. So no point in doing it unless it goes into vanilla, imo.
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!