Qianlong Archcannon

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

The Qianlong Archcannon is currently one of the most powerful weapons in the game (the only sub-level X antimatter weapon) and currently the only weapon that can beat the Iocrym commandship.

In future versions I want to create more weapons (and non-weapons) that can defeat the Iocrym. For example, there should be some way to get Kytryn plasma pods for the Kytryn launcher. But I also want to make the QAC harder to get.

Here are a couple of suggestions for that:

1. QAC no longer shows up in Sung stations; instead, they only show up if you kill a Dragon Slaver--a new high-level capital ship that uses the QAC.

2. The QAC comes in two (or more) components. The player can find the components by cracking Sung stations or (maybe) by rescuing slaves. The player can put the components together to get a QAC.

3. The Jiang's Star system is the capital of the Sung Slavers. Perhaps the player can do various missions/quests there that allow her to obtain a QAC.

Which of these ideas sound most interesting? What other ideas can you come up with?
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like the rescuing the slaves idea for a component. Maybe you can more weapons and devices like that. That way you can make powerful devices and if you want to make them more rare just make it have more componates. You can even make a higher level tinker type station put them together.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Another slaver ship... :shock:

*runs screaming into the night*

I like all three of the new QAC ideas, but if the QAC does come in parts, how would it be put together? Would the slavers only be able to assemble it, or would the ringers be able to figure it out? Maybe a freed slave could give you schematics that allow any station to put it together? Another point regardign the freed slaves is that they would be able to give you more variation in items. Not that items would necessarily be frequent but make things like ROMs and ID chips occasionally pop up.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I like all three of these, especially since they seem to compement each other. However, the parts should either be rare even in the stations. Also if the "put together the pieces" idea is implemented, I would like to see non-equipped damaged QAC's break into one (normaly) or both (if removed damaged from your own ship or on very rare occurences) of the parts. I would like to see yet more Sung ships :lol:
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I really like the component hunting idea. Each of the three methods you mentioned should give you a component that you would have to piece together.

Could go well with side system type ideas, and encourage exploration, instead of gate running later on
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Ghengis
Miner
Miner

If you really want to be evil, make each component take up a slot ;-)

I'm thinking maybe you can only get the QAC (or bits of it) damaged, and you need to go on some kind of a quest to get an item that fixes anything, or you have to complete some missions for the Lord of All Tinkers, who will fix your QAC in gratitude.

Question: if you make a capship that uses the QAC, a) how the living hell will the player have a prayer?, and b) if you manage to beat it, won't the player get access to a bunch of ammo for it, which would make the rest of the game a fair bit easier? Just some thoughts. I really like the changes that have been made!
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Solutions: Only put a few longzhus (maybe 1d4-3?) on board, equip it with a virtual QAC that doesnt take ammo, so you cant just wait. Something like that anyway.

Can it be equipped with things other than the QAC? the old wait until theres no ammo left trick is just annoying.
sysgod
Anarchist
Anarchist

Make those calligraphy scrolls you get from slaves usable treasure maps to abandoned bases from before the quarantine in the far outskirts of solar systems (outside the usual inhabited areas), where one may salvage Iocrym or other alien weapons and/or artifacts.
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

very nice! rewards you for doing the right thing, and gives a use for calligraphy scrolls!

You should still be able to get to the componenets though. It should be easier if you do certain things, but not impossible if you dont.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

how about a reeeeeeeellly big side system that contains all the pieces but is so huge its nigh on impossible to find them without a map
kaibutsu
Anarchist
Anarchist

One thing I've wondered is what, exactly, all these slaves are being used for... With all of these high-powered and incredible technologies that the Sung have access to, it seems a bit strange that they would resort to meagre flesh to man the salt mines.

Maybe there's some kind of soul-extracting device to convert slaves into ammo/energy for their high-level weapons... (Once they're too old for the salt mines, of course.)
ThorWarriorX
Miner
Miner

Biogenetics experiments, perhaps?
Sentrettenian Empire
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

that is a good question.
ThorWarriorX
Miner
Miner

Oh my holy Vaenertus... How did I not think about this before? Longzhu spheres are made of human souls!
Sentrettenian Empire
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Slaves are cheaper to power than robots. Just throw them some protein and carb goo with a bit of water and put em to work.