Microsaur Ideas

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Naming individual items can separate them and allow a savvy player to defeat buying limits by naming each item separately. Microsaur may not be common enough to matter, but it may be a problem if other more common items get a rename feature.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:Naming individual items can separate them and allow a savvy player to defeat buying limits by naming each item separately. Microsaur may not be common enough to matter, but it may be a problem if other more common items get a rename feature.
Would it be possible to add something that alters the display name without changing the actual name of the object?
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM wrote:Naming individual items can separate them and allow a savvy player to defeat buying limits by naming each item separately. Microsaur may not be common enough to matter, but it may be a problem if other more common items get a rename feature.
Now that you mention it, when a device gets ionized and loses its ionization, it becomes unique somehow. For example, if I use an ion disruptor to kill the Ventari and sell the loot later, there will be a stack of ten Tev9 blasters and then a couple of Tev9's that show up by themselves - these are the ones that were ionized when I looted them. Is this a way to get around buying limits?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

what if Microsaurs can identify some barrels ? they could identify organic acid and radioactive waste barrels making them useful to keep in your ship, but at the same time they could eat food barrels, balancing out their usefulness :)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

digdug wrote:what if Microsaurs can identify some barrels ? they could identify organic acid and radioactive waste barrels making them useful to keep in your ship, but at the same time they could eat food barrels, balancing out their usefulness :)
They could eat radioactive waste and get sick, setting up a mission to find free medical supplies.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

gunship256 wrote:Now that you mention it, when a device gets ionized and loses its ionization, it becomes unique somehow. For example, if I use an ion disruptor to kill the Ventari and sell the loot later, there will be a stack of ten Tev9 blasters and then a couple of Tev9's that show up by themselves - these are the ones that were ionized when I looted them. Is this a way to get around buying limits?
Yes, it is! Each of those weapons probably has hidden data or stat that marks when the weapon was ionized, and it does not get cleared when the weapons (or other device) are no longer ionized.

Almost any sort of (hidden) data can be added to an item, and if a modder is not careful, the player can have many separate copies of an item, and as far as vendors are concerned, they are all different and distinct items.

Also, charged items only stack if their charges (and all other data) match. Otherwise, they separate.

EDIT: Before you get any bright ideas of letting Ventari ionize your ship or shooting yourself with your own damaged ion disruptor, remember that devices that get double ionized (i.e., ionized when already ionized) become permanently damaged instead.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM wrote:EDIT: Before you get any bright ideas of letting Ventari ionize your ship or shooting yourself with your own damaged ion disruptor, remember that devices that get double ionized (i.e., ionized when already ionized) become permanently damaged instead.
I can't think of a good way to exploit this anyway. Most of the buying limit problems I have in the late game are with armor. If I have the Novaya repairer installed, I'll install armor just so I can repair and re-sell it at BM stations, and I've been getting around those buying limits by applying enhancement barrels. (un)fortunately, armor can't be ionized.
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

gunship256 wrote:fortunately, armor can't be ionized.
That may change now you've mentioned it, with the active (auto-repair, solar etc) panels at least.. :)(
Dom 8-)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

gunship256 wrote:
Now that you mention it, when a device gets ionized and loses its ionization, it becomes unique somehow. For example, if I use an ion disruptor to kill the Ventari and sell the loot later, there will be a stack of ten Tev9 blasters and then a couple of Tev9's that show up by themselves - these are the ones that were ionized when I looted them. Is this a way to get around buying limits?
Sounds like a glitch. Anyone made a ministry tag yet?
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

JohnBWatson wrote:Sounds like a glitch. Anyone made a ministry tag yet?
<newaroundhere>How does one go about doing that?</newaroundhere>
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You need a Multiverse account to submit tickets to the Ministry.

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PM wrote:You need a Multiverse account to submit tickets to the Ministry.
I have one. Would I create a new record here?

http://ministry.kronosaur.com/program.hexm?id=1

I'm not sure what the rules are and if it would appropriate for me to do anything at all. Should I go ahead and create a new record?
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:I'm not sure what the rules are and if it would appropriate for me to do anything at all. Should I go ahead and create a new record?
If you find a glitch or bug, you can post it on the multiverse, just like everyone else.

Typically, it helps if you double check the glitch or bug yourself: if it pops up more than once, it is worth being added. (This does not mean that you can only post glitches/bugs you can repeat, just use common sense :-)

Also, if you find multiple issues, it is typically most helpful to post them as separate records.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
marsrocks
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Okay - not a microsaur - but I have added a couple of pets to the game with a mod I just put up on xelerus.

The trillum beetle and trillum squirrel are now available:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1634&d=1

:D
`PAWN
Anarchist
Anarchist

in my mindset... I always thought of acquiring one was lucky and it would be lucky/luckier to have....
-perhaps in general add 5% bonus to leave a ship-wreak-age.

add on other quirks/abilities as well:
-if you own or have one, each can generate an item either by time (1hr actual) limited with/by a chanced occurrences as well say 15% a null prize would be a single xeno fuel rod
-it can be quirky n perhaps risky in another way.... another also would require a trigger/flag one I can think of is when the ship get Ionized it can generate an item as well 15%

overall in part it will depend on the drop list in terms how inclusive or not but perhaps no unique items / vast as possible for not just variety but to be less predictable.