Great Game!

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thank you to the developer for making this fantastic game, I'm really enjoying it. Amazing time waster!

I had a few ideas that could be added to the game, but I can understand if they go in the too hard basket.

1) A Dyson Sphere around a sun somewhere. Could be interesting and different, perhaps with a couple of missions involved.

2) Usable illegal drugs. One effect that might be useful could be time slowing down al la reverse autopilot. Other effects might be worse, seeing phantom spacecraft, messing with the direction keys and so on.

3) An empty area, save for a black hole in the center instead of a sun. All craft get gradually sucked into it, so the area becomes void of derelict spacecraft, and if you get to close and your thruster isn't powerful enough to escape, you get sucked in and squashed.

Apologies if some of these features have already been added. I was going to suggest Nebulae, but then I discovered some, to my delight.

- Rob
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As you can probably guess in the years that Transcendence has been around, these ideas have all been suggested at some point.
However, that's not to say they shouldn't be re-suggested to maintain interest in those topics. ;) My point is, don't be afraid to post ideas for fear of "this has already been posted go away".

1) I've never found out what a Dyson Sphere is, but I guess I'll go and read Wikipedia.
Edit: Well, I've read it and it was pretty much what I thought it was. Yeah, this would be cool ;)

2) One of my favourite ideas - someone should mod this. There's just so many different combinations of problems you could create via drugs :)

3) I don't really think this is a good idea. While it sounds cool, it would merely inconvenience players and would be more of an annoyance than a challenge in my eyes.
Still, I think maybe an Elysium-like (PM if you want a spoiler on what Elysium is, if you don't know) system based on this would be great - something like a trap version. Maybe if the device required (ambiguity for spoiler-removal) is damaged, it'll take you to this system instead? It would make the hard-to-find (and undamageable) gem much more valuable than they currently are. Possibly repeated use of the device could cause it to take you here.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yugimotomanager wrote: 2) One of my favourite ideas - someone should mod this. There's just so many different combinations of problems you could create via drugs :)
I made an illegal moonshine mod that was useable with an interesting effect. It was posted at the old (2nd) mod site for a while.
Still have it if anyone's interested.