Minotaur class

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Derakon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

JohnBWatson wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm
PM wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm
@ JBW: I have no problem with base .27+c ships, especially if they have other weaknesses. No, it cannot outrun missiles since most are .40c or more, although it can probably get shot at less by avoiding enemies that shoot those missiles more easily, assuming its agility is as good as top speed.
Missile velocity is limited by the velocity of the target. A guided missile fired by a ship not moving in the right direction(common w/ Charon frigates) will often be possible for a Wolfen to outrun. Come to think of it, this is probably a glitch.
Am I understanding you correctly that the maximum velocity of a guided missile is equal to the launch velocity? That makes some degree of sense for unguided projectiles, but I agree for guided it smells like a bug.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You understand correctly. The tag's up on ministry now.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"Byzantine" as a name?

The ship could be linked to a special mission which can't be completed by a smaller ship ( the only Idea I have is maybe based on cargo space?). This would provide the basis for selecting it. Do the mission then change back if you want, or else keep the ship. Similar to freighter versus gunship players, each selects based on their playing style.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
The Lone Badger
Anarchist
Anarchist

Since the vast majority of damage occurs to the front and rear of a player ship, the armor layout on the Minotaur-class means that the 6-panel armour is a disadvantage rather than an advantage. The Manticore has two front panels and two back panels, making it significantly tougher than a 4-panel ship. The Minotaur has only a single front panel and back panel, meaning it isn't any tougher in effect than a 4-panel ship but has to deal with the extra weight and cost of the additional side panels.
I think you should consider changing the armour layout to be more similar to that of the Manticore.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’m not entirely sure I agree with that idea, but that’s entirely from a balance perspective. The fore and aft armor segments do seem to cover a disproportionately high percentage of the ship’s perimeter (and that might need adjusted at some point), but the vulnerability of having a single forward and aft segment as opposed to a split setup such as the Manticore’s does help to even out the advantage of having a linked fire slot for an omnidirectional weapon. Even in its current configuration, there are a number of players who’ve said that getting a Minotaur is one of their highest priorities since it lets them more or less coast from midgame until nearly endgame with minimal significant threat.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
The Lone Badger
Anarchist
Anarchist

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 am
Even in its current configuration, there are a number of players who’ve said that getting a Minotaur is one of their highest priorities since it lets them more or less coast from midgame until nearly endgame with minimal significant threat.
Buying a new ship is the fastest and cheapest way to upgrade your ship to all-grade-7, well before you can get most of the individual components.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Minotaur is the only official playable ship that can fire two primary weapons at the same time, one of them being an omni weapon. It has more firepower than other ships, and its other stats (like cargo capacity) are good. Its primary weakness is mediocre (but not terrible) turning speed.

If I play a non-freighter ship run, Minotaur is my eventual final ship, the sooner I get it the better.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.