Cargo bay's and space

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In relation to this post:
https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic. ... 027#p77027

I decided to make a new one.

Currently the EL500 in 1.9 alpha has a base cargo of 50. And can make that 200 whit the traders cargo and miners cargo hold or 100 whit the illegals, and stays 50 whit the auton bay.
This sounds a little reversed.
if the ship had space for 200, why does it need an -internall- steel-sheet and/OR plastic wrapper to make the 50 into 200?
Should the EL 500 not start whit something like 500, of what u can later ''update'' whit the internal containers / compartments?.

For example:
500, than u find / buy (and install) a miners cargohold, therefore u now have 500-150 = 350 regular ''traders'' cargohold and 150 for ores.
Than, u buy a illegals cargobay that 350 minus the ''i dont now where that 50m3 is dear customs officer'' = 300 left for regulars.
Than later u find the Auton bay thingy and tell urself... ''what the heck ill just stop hauling frozen water or something'' and are left whit 200 regular.

For the grant total of:
150miners
100auton bay
50 illegal
200 regular (trading)
=The El500

Or make the miners a grappler arm like the patcher arm (non-external device pls xD ) so have the regular / ore compartment shared versus a separate auton-loading &maintenance bay and an ''special'' tugged away illegals bay''

For the grant total of:
1x miners grappling arm
100auton bay
50 illegal
350 regular (trading/ores)
=The El500

In both case i would recommend u start the wolfy whit 100 so that at least it can do the illegal bay. (who mines in wolfy??)

Got other ideas on how to solve this, but his post is getting 2long.
However the base 50 on a El500 doesnt sound.. well EL 500 like ^^

Any addendum's suggestions appreciated folks, don't be scared to tell me i am totally wrong... or something.
Hope this helps

o7
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

EI500 gained a slot to offset the loss of cargo space. It used to have only nine slots with 200t base cargo. Now it has ten slots with 50t base cargo.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That is a consideration i suppose.

So is:

1:
50t +Auton Bay of 0t = 50t
... so a flying empty brick.

2:
having 10 slots is ok, but i cant assign 2 of them to cargo bays, like: 1mining cargo bay for +150 and a 2nd one for Auton bay.
So whats the use of 10sloths in effect?
In fact i would recommend a higher limit (than 200t) for the El500 along whit a better base than 50.

Now that i think of it, George himself has many times come across (in twitch session's) his cargo limitation''s
I recommend a higher base, and max limit for all current ships across the board.

Regardless, this is a balance / fun issue.

I request George looks it over in the future (preferably before he makes 1.9 alpha a stable version)