Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

No but seriously the:

-Interstellar Miners Union identification chip
-Commonwealth identification chip
-black marker identification chip

Are sometimes misplaced, and i have to look up where i left them, .... maybe an avatar sheet that ads these to the player so that it is no longer a item to drag around.
What u guys think?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’ve been advocating moving ID chips to being data on gPlayer since at least 1.3 or so.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I prefer identification to be handled like Nethack's intrinsics (data on player would work), and player can check the Game Statistics screen for his intrinsics. Currently, I tend to dump all, then search for the id before I leave.

I also feel uncomfortable with id next to items that I feed to the fabricator. One wrong move and there goes your important item.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Someone once suggested something like a mini-hold or similar. This is a separate compartment on the playership where desired items could be stashed separate from the cargo hold. Important items like ROMs ,enhancers, stargate control rods, etc could be placed in there and not be automatically ejected with "Jettison".

EDIT: Random thought: maybe with the new tab functions the cargo hold could be split into two tabs. The main hold tab could be as currently exists, the new second tab could be items which needed to be specifically changed to the main hold before they could be jettisoned, or conversely need to be moved specifically to the new hold section from the main hold. (There is a clearer way to explain this that eludes me ATM!)

2nd EDIT: Someone also suggested an ammo hold which was separate from the cargo hold. Might be worthwhile instead of automatically having all ammo available to jettison. It might require specifically putting the desired ammo in this separate place.
Last edited by relanat on Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm
 I’ve been advocating moving ID chips to being data on gPlayer since at least 1.3 or so.
Well than i guess George voted it down, or hasn't had time to put it in game yet.
relanat wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:13 am

EDIT: Random thought: maybe with the new tab functions the cargo hold could be split into two tabs. The main hold tab could be as currently exists, the new second tab could be items which needed to be specifically changed to the main hold before they could be jettisoned, or conversely need to be moved specifically to the new hold section from the main hold.
Aye, that would be nice, has been suggested previously as well. From what i recall;
Personal quarters (storage space) 10m3
Drone bay 50m3
and than either mining- or traders- -bay.
after this since u now have enuf space, a hidden nugged for the ''illegals'' = +''enhanced''

Or something like upgradeable, instead of replaceable'.
Wolfy start bay 35, than later an upgrade +5m3, even later a small drone bay +20m3 later a small trading bay +50m3? (note: no choice to go wolfen minerbay type playstyle /role) and last the enhancement to transport illegals.