Device Size AND Device Slots

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This is a straightforward suggestion. All ships will have a Device Size limit that determines how many devices that they can put. Weapons and devices will have a certain size they can put. Certain ships will have larger weapon size and or smaller device size limits. I think this allows the game to be more flexible and realistic and at the same time, promote players to perhaps try out different ships. For example, slapping a massive howitzer into tiny battlepod would not be possible anymore, because the massive howitzer has too large of a weapon size. However, it doesn't make sense that the battlepod would be able to equip 3 laser cannons, because there would be that many gun ports for such a small ship, therefore there will also be a limit on Device Slots.

Does this make the game too complicated or does it add interesting mechanic to the game?
Amteloletom
Miner
Miner

I think It could be too complicated for a newcomer or other player since it would put another mechanism(?) into the game. All ship could also replace their reactor to fit their ship requirements, means it would be useless to limit the device that they can use.

Using a huge power weapon (Howitzer, Archannon, etc) on small ship could have a drawback force when shooting too.

And maybe putting a penalty on the thruster or weighing their ship would be better.

But from side of logic, it also true that installing big device on small ship will be almost impossible to do.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

For newcomers, all starting ships and equipment should be fairly small so that Device Size wouldn't be an issue. For reactors, size differences would promote different types of reactors. Perhaps there could be a large but inefficient reactor that you can get early but you cannot fit it in a Wolfen so you decided to get a larger freighter.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

i like my archcannon on my wolfy, it is 40% domina, and having a blast ;-)

Seriously tho, similar suggestions have been made for sizes in gear / reactor ect, to fit to ship size.
Time will tell if George wants it in his game.
For example the current alpha version is a major step up, i like it, even whit the bugs.