A way to track where you have been on your map

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There are a lot of times where I wish I could see where I have been so I save time and also figure out where I can explore more. For example, finding stargates and certain stations can be very tedious if lets say you missed it by a hair but because there's no physical overlay on your systems to determine where you have been, you end up wasting a lot of time. I can kinda guess where most stations are but it would be very helpful to see where I have actually been. In additin, this can be frustrating for new players to have to back track if they don't know where the typical station positions.

I suggest the overlay for the system map could be a semi-transparent fog where the player can see any revealed stations and terrain but nothing else unless they have traveled there. As they travel, that fog would be lifted to show that they've been there.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Meh, entering a start system pressing M and make a mental route for either: trade, avoid, attack, or fuel consumption; is half the fun ^^
Although, maybe something could be done whit fog: maybe in the ''foggy systems'' like Sanctuary? I dunno it is up to George, or the imagination of the modder is suppose ;-)
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Usually that's the case for more experienced players but sometimes, it can be super tedious. I tried Part 2 and finding stargates were extremely time consuming, especially when I'm trying to breeze through to the last system due to Tor Quan ships being OP. I gave up cause I circled around a single system 15 times and could not find the stargate (assuming if it ever existed but was not confirmed when I asked on forums). It'd be nice to know which spot I missed during the 15 circles. Honestly, I think this feature should be in the base game and could be turned off if the player wished to.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Kourtious wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:40 pm
Usually that's the case for more experienced players but sometimes, it can be super tedious. I tried Part 2 and finding stargates were extremely time consuming, especially when I'm trying to breeze through to the last system due to Tor Quan ships being OP. I gave up cause I circled around a single system 15 times and could not find the stargate (assuming if it ever existed but was not confirmed when I asked on forums). It'd be nice to know which spot I missed during the 15 circles. Honestly, I think this feature should be in the base game and could be turned off if the player wished to.
While it help navigation, I don't think it would have good look on the system map. Either blurry fog or black screen fog, I wouldn't like to see uneven shape of fog in system map (especially the map is kinda infinite). It also probably will cause the newer player explore outer system thinking they would find something there. :lol:

Yeah, fog setting would be nice. But George needs to create in-game setting UI first.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is a great idea. Especially in big empty systems. As said in the OP, finding stargates can be very frustrating and time consuming. A nav overlay that tracked playership movement and could be called up by the player would be excellent.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!