TobiusBM's Transcendence Ideas #4 - Theft & Arrest

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi all,
I'm TobiusBM and after remembering about this game a week ago (after not playing for 4 years) I have spent the entire week playing through a few times and noting down everything I felt was missing or needed expanding upon.
Please Remember: I have only just got back into the game so I may be missing things - what I suggest might already be implemented in one way or another that I am not aware of or may deliberately not be in the game for balancing or because it does not fit with the story aspect of the game.

Randomly when certain semi-pirate ships dock at stations they will steal some items - the station will notice this theft a semi-random amount of time later, faster if the item is more valuable. The station will report this theft to the milita - you, as a member of the milita, will be notified of this with a message including:
*Ship type & Colour
*Ship Name
*Station the goods were stolen from and
*Heading of the ship when it left the station
If any ship or station spots the ship they will report its location and this will update the location and heading. Other milita ships will also pursue the thief and when they or you get close enough they will arrest the ship - this will be done through the 'C' menu when you are within 10 ls of the ship. Once arrested the ship will then be forced to follow you back to the Milita.
Both the Milita and the station will provide you with a reward;
- The station will provide a reward based on the value of the item (10% of its sale price?)
- The milita will provide a reward based on the strength of the ship.
A succesful arrest will count as a successful mission but if you don't arrest the theif it won't count as a failed mission (because it isn't really a mission so you shouldn't be punished if you are on the other side of the system doing something already)

Possibly a player equipped with the smugglers cargo hold could also steal items and then be hunted down by the milita...
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi guys,
I hope you like some of the ideas I have suggested.
Please leave your opinions on my ideas and suggest your own ways of implementing the features - I would love to hear what you think.
TobiusBM
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Accepting missions where u need togo shoot the thief are already ingame. This sounds like an nice alternative or addon to that.
Being flagged as a thief yourself / stealing.. hmm not sure.

i like the 1st part

+0,5 ^^