TobiusBM's Transcendence Ideas #5 - Wider LRS'

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi all,
I'm TobiusBM and after remembering about this game a week ago (after not playing for 4 years) I have spent the entire week playing through a few times and noting down everything I felt was missing or needed expanding upon.
Please Remember: I have only just got back into the game so I may be missing things - what I suggest might already be implemented in one way or another that I am not aware of or may deliberately not be in the game for balancing or because it does not fit with the story aspect of the game.

Most aspects of a ship are upgradeable and get better as you progress through the game, however you are stuck with the very limiting LRS that you get from the start of the game.
To stop this from being such a limiting factor later-game, I propose 5 tiers of LRS upgrades;

NOTES: ls = light seconds radius
HF = High Fidelity - this is how the LRS works currently
LF = Low Fidelity - this would be a slower refreshing, less detailed region of the LRS

LRS #0 = Stock LRS built-in to all ships - 50ls radius HF

LRS #1 = 50 ls radius HF + 25 ls radius LF

LRS #2 = 75 ls radius HF

LRS #3 = 75 ls radius HF + 25 ls radius LF

LRS #4 = 100 ls radius HF
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi guys,
I hope you like some of the ideas I have suggested.
Please leave your opinions on my ideas and suggest your own ways of implementing the features - I would love to hear what you think.
TobiusBM
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi Guys,

After some deliberation because I wasn't really happy with the HF and LF features but didn't know how to improve the LRS' otherwise, here's what I suggest now:

Ships start with a 50ls radius LRS - like they do now

Upgrade #1: A 75ls radius LRS
costs around 1k credits? weighs ~100kg
.1 MW power usage

Upgrade #2: A 100ls radius LRS
costs around 5k credits? weighs ~200kg
.2 MW power usage

ROM #1: LRS upgrade ROM - +10% range

ROM #2: LRS upgrade ROM - +20% range
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

There is a massive amount of coding involved in this one.
Mostly due to your ''bubble around your ship'' has activations mission spawning, random spawns ect ect.

There is an Rom (cant miss it, it is guaranteed to spawn on several spots) to extent to the max workable range atm, best to leave this one alone for the time being.