TobiusBM's Transcendence Ideas #8 - Ship Deconstructor

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi all,
I'm TobiusBM and after remembering about this game a week ago (after not playing for 4 years) I have spent the entire week playing through a few times and noting down everything I felt was missing or needed expanding upon.
Please Remember: I have only just got back into the game so I may be missing things - what I suggest might already be implemented in one way or another that I am not aware of or may deliberately not be in the game for balancing or because it does not fit with the story aspect of the game.

Most of space seems very anti-waste - if survival is difficult and resources scarce then you wouldn't want to waste anything. However, there are systems with literally hundreds of ship and station wrecks lying about.

New "Weapon" Type : Ship Deconstructor - This weapon is availiable in three tiers (for the player at least) - basic, advanced and industrial - and combines an industrial laser and powerful electromagnets into a efficient ship recycling device. With the weapon installed and active, you would target a nearby wreck and "fire" it - this would engage the electromagnet to line you up with the wreck - then the industrial laser will start to cut the ship into segments. Once done (this will take maybe 5 -10 IRL seconds) you will be rewarded with:
* Up to 5 tons (Basic variant) / 7 tons (Advanced variant) / 12 tons (Industrial variant) of metal scrap. The type of scrap will depend on the ship type
* One (Basic variant), two (Advanced variant) or three (Industrial variant) pieces of miscellaneous components, including:
- A damaged control console
- A LRS module
- A coil of wire
- A radio receiver
- An airlock pump
- A lighting panel
- An anti-grav generator
- A shield housing
- A reactor housing etc.

Metal scrap can be sold for slightly more than ore or used in Tinker projects.
These items can be sold for 15 - 50 credits or used in Tinker projects.

The Basic Ship Deconstructor will work on ship with up to 4 armor segments, costs are 3500 credits, weighs 4 tons and consumer 10 - 14 MW under use.

The Advanced Ship Deconstructor will work on ships with up to 6 armor segments, costs 5500 credits, weighs 6 tons and consumer 16 -20 MW under use.

The Industrial Ship Deconstructor will work on ships with up to 8 armor segments, costs 9500 credits, weighs 10 tons and consumer 30 -40 MW under use.

Only NPC's will have Ship Deconstructors capable of working on larger ships and/or stations.
This also seems to be crying out for a new station type - salvage works or junkyards that buy these random items and the scrap and send out their own ships equipped with these to clean up after a battle.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi guys,
I hope you like some of the ideas I have suggested.
Please leave your opinions on my ideas and suggest your own ways of implementing the features - I would love to hear what you think.
TobiusBM
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NPC's currently loot and destroy wrecks (mostly stealing your stuff in the process) altho annoying, i would not mind the loot, and than destroy ability myself, even without the reward part.
For me, it would be to clean up screen clutter, currently i use howys todo just that, along whit an patcher arm to repair myself.

+1, reward or no reward.