TobiusBM's Transcendence Ideas #9 - Cosmetic Custimization

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
TobiusBM
Miner
Miner

Hi all,
I'm TobiusBM and after remembering about this game a week ago (after not playing for 4 years) I have spent the entire week playing through a few times and noting down everything I felt was missing or needed expanding upon.
Please Remember: I have only just got back into the game so I may be missing things - what I suggest might already be implemented in one way or another that I am not aware of or may deliberately not be in the game for balancing or because it does not fit with the story aspect of the game.

We only have three ships in the base game and every, single, playthrough they look exactly the same.
When you access the Dock Services tab of some stations, you will get a message:
"Hey! I saw your ship coming in - looks like you've been through the wars! How about a lick of paint to freshen her up?"
In the 'Paint Ship' menu you can apply any color to each segment of your ship for maybe 150 - 250 credits per segment
This way you could completely change the look of your ship or just add some accents to help you stand out from the crowd.
Also you could find/buy some DIY paint canisters - you won't know the color of the canister unless you use it or identify it. Stations might buy these for;
25 credits un-id'd or 25 - 150 credits if the color is known, depending on the "popularity" of that color.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant