Upgrade Certain Weapons to Omnidirectional

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think a lot of single firing weapons should have the ability to be upgraded as an omnidirectional mount. However, this imposes a penalty because it is not a dedicated mount made the respective manufacturer. The proposed penalty would be equivalent to a 30-50% lower firing speed with a modifier called "Converted Omni".

This should be commonly found in Tinker workshops, large dockyards like Gunsun/Kibo, and possibly made available at CSCs as well due to their military dockyards. There are level restrictions and places like CSCs would have the highest levels of conversion. I think this is a cool way to help expand the weapon possibilities a player can tinker with.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

THe game isn't very good at giving both bonuses and penalties to an item, so I wouldn't go for upgrading items in-game (for now) outside of crafting recipes. Bbut I'm 100% in favor of adding more omni (and swivel!) weapons to the game. The old "Put it a level higher and make it omni" method works great for a lot of vanilla weapons, and there's a huge number of weapons that make sense for it.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think we can be a bit more flexible with omni/swivel variant attributes, such as being the same level or degraded level for much lower fire rate or other penalty. I'm not sure what new weapons are in for omni/swivel consideration but I definitely agree on the crafting aspect of it. Crafting is in its own way a side mission that can extend the re-playability of the game.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Personally i would prefer the mount itself. Having a ship and than upgrade one of it's weapon slots to either omni or swivel (whit their set and ofc different bonuses), almost any weapon can than be installed (or not? max lvl, and or not howitzers and or whatever) in said mount on that ship. Giving the choice to switch around not only said weapon, but other ones as well, in your progression.