Upgrade Certain Weapons to Omnidirectional

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think a lot of single firing weapons should have the ability to be upgraded as an omnidirectional mount. However, this imposes a penalty because it is not a dedicated mount made the respective manufacturer. The proposed penalty would be equivalent to a 30-50% lower firing speed with a modifier called "Converted Omni".

This should be commonly found in Tinker workshops, large dockyards like Gunsun/Kibo, and possibly made available at CSCs as well due to their military dockyards. There are level restrictions and places like CSCs would have the highest levels of conversion. I think this is a cool way to help expand the weapon possibilities a player can tinker with.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

THe game isn't very good at giving both bonuses and penalties to an item, so I wouldn't go for upgrading items in-game (for now) outside of crafting recipes. Bbut I'm 100% in favor of adding more omni (and swivel!) weapons to the game. The old "Put it a level higher and make it omni" method works great for a lot of vanilla weapons, and there's a huge number of weapons that make sense for it.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Kourtious
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think we can be a bit more flexible with omni/swivel variant attributes, such as being the same level or degraded level for much lower fire rate or other penalty. I'm not sure what new weapons are in for omni/swivel consideration but I definitely agree on the crafting aspect of it. Crafting is in its own way a side mission that can extend the re-playability of the game.