Default difficulty is far too low

Post ideas & suggestions you have pertaining to the game here.
Transcendi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Recommended Transcendence to my younger brother now that it's on steam, but it started him with story mode difficulty (he didn't notice the difficulty setting, it's easy to miss). This is obscenely easy, so much so that equipment is entirely irrelevant (clearing out the arena with your starting equipment?).

Given the main part of Transcendence is the loop of shooting stuff (and figuring out how to safely shoot stuff), looting stuff and upgrading, the game is loses a lot if that combat is irrelevant.

I think the default should be what is called "challenging" here, which should be renamed "standard" (it's what we all played way back in the day). Story mode should have 0.5x damage to you and 2x damage to the enemy (making combat quite easy but not letting you go make a cup of tea mid-combat without pausing).
The top difficulty should be what you get with some of the difficulty enhancing mods, with the dungeon crawl-style effect where even if you know your stuff you'll still die a most of the time (not all enemies can have buffs of course, I expect the Phobos would need to be untouched). A name like "hardcore" should discourage most casual players.

At a bare minimum, current 10x damage story mode should NOT be the default if you want anyone to actually play it long enough to like it.
Was known as Chance on the UTF
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So I said a million times :)

However, I think they think the game is played by kids ...
you know - kids that are tearing up the universe and battlefields loking for a challenge ...

But nopes.. it's just us Dinosaurs.

In version 1.0 I was murdered so many times by Arco I lost count. I did eventually win a game in the freighter.
I stayed for the challenge .
But these newer versions ....
well, I have to add in shield and armor stats from older versions to bring things back up to speed.

But I do hope the Command will eventually watch the stats and see where the future is for challenge levels.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..