Bug: "Ghost" double item (mining laser) ; scrRemov

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
SpongeJr
Miner
Miner

OK so I'm playing through the Vanilla game (well... Vanilla with SpongeJr's Variety Sounds v0.31 actually, but it hopefully wouldn't cause this...) and I'm doing rather well...

I make it to St. K's, and I've got installed: DK 15 Turret, Yoroi S500, Kinetic accelerator, Laser collimator, and I buy and install level 5 device yet to be identified (must be a Howitzer upgrade I think judging by power use)...

Anyway, I'm cruisin' along and I notice on my <B> disable/enable device screen that I have not one but TWO Mining Lasers installed... though I don't remember ever doing this... so I go to the Arcology and uninstall mining laser, and then go to commerce sector and go to sell it, and... after choosing the mining laser to sell, I get a dockscreen with an Exception error. I've now got 0 mining lasers either installed or otherwise. Not a big deal, and my saved game doesn't APPEAR to be corrupted so far, but... weird bug.

The first time I noticed the dual mining laser was after I bought & installed the lvl 5 unidentified device. Also I had very recently gotten my 100MW reactor upgraded from the University quarter.

Here's a paste from my Debug log. I backed up the saved game very shortly after the error and set it aside in case it is needed.

Code: Select all

12/29/2010 17:11:23	Start logging session
12/29/2010 17:11:23	Transcendence 1.04
12/29/2010 17:11:24	Loading extension: Extensions\jkvarietysounds\jkvarietysounds
12/29/2010 17:11:30	Loaded game file version: 1000400
12/29/2010 17:16:52	Exception in scrRemoveItem; arg = (gScreen itemCount)
12/29/2010 17:16:52	Exception in scrRemoveItem; arg = (gScreen itemCount) (gScreen itemCount) ### (scrRemoveItem gScreen itemCount) ###
Looks like it was trying to remove the "ghost" mining laser from my cargo hold when I went to sell it, and since it didn't exist it uhh... was... blank or something...

Ask if any more info is needed.
I'm working on new sounds for Transcendence. Check out what I have so far: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=825
(still a work in progress, but it does work!)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've had this happen to me several times where I have an item that I had and got rid of right when I was doing another action, it tends up going nuts. Especially when your on a mission that requires you to bring back something.