1.08a Solid Smoke

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I guess that is the difference between 'smoke' and 'debris' in this case. I was treating it as a kind of diffraction effect, with limited effect on other weapons (not treating that as pure physics, more game simplification, more advanced weapons of this type limiting the effect). True solid hunks of debris would have a kinetic absorbing effect, but if you wanted to be specific such debris is likely to still have more effect on lasers (absorbtion/heating and or reflection) than it does on projectiles. But debris is tricky to think of in this case, hence I simplified it to think of it as evenly dispersed 'smoke'. If it was hunks of debris from the wreck the damage limiting effect should be rather sporadic, some shots passing unhindered as they happen to miss all debris, some getting deflected/absorbed etc. You could even say the individual pieces of debris have an absorbing effect high enough to stop pretty much any type of damage (even graviton damage is blocked by armor, it doesn't go straight to 'hull' as you'd expect, as there isn't a separate hitpoint system in Transcendence) but it has only a chance of blocking any individual fire. Maybe even higher damage types disperse debris more readily? reduce the chance of blocking till it dissipates?