Possible Antarctica bug

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

When the player encounters the Antarctica it is assumed that the player has orders to kill them when the mission isn't given by Decker yet. They immediately ask if the player is an agent sent to kill them, and sometimes this makes no sense because the player hasn't really been sent on assassination missions to kill friendlies, as well as the fact that Decker hasn't given them the assignment in some instances (since the Terra hasn't spawned yet).
Bug?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:When the player encounters the Antarctica it is assumed that the player has orders to kill them when the mission isn't given by Decker yet. They immediately ask if the player is an agent sent to kill them, and sometimes this makes no sense because the player hasn't really been sent on assassination missions to kill friendlies, as well as the fact that Decker hasn't given them the assignment in some instances (since the Terra hasn't spawned yet).
Bug?
I re-tested to be sure because by the time you meet the ship you have a military ID :
I always assumed that set off the dockscreen choices .
( I never really looked at the .xml with THAT in mind) But I was looking at 1.01 which you know I enjoy so If your getting the same thing: the ship is unchanged and I think it has been more an oversight then an actual " bug " .

So I flew the systems, saw the Terra , got to the next system and found Helios : dropped the ID and got the screens I should not have :
I was a Civilian without the ID so I should have been denied Docking.

Code: Select all

(objSetData gSource "playerTalkedToDecker" True)
: If the player gets the mission from Decker Helios should Know and not set the data simply based on your selection because you could be lying just to fight the Aquilas like I like to do sometimes :)

**Notice , BlackHawk Browser says the Sentence structure is correct.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I figured Helios assumes that any military vessels that find the Anarctica have orders to destroy it, whether or not they were given those orders. Maybe there is even a bounty on Helios for her betrayal, I dunno. It just seems to make sense that if you betray the military, they're going to come after you and it's best to assume the worst.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Yeah, that idea crossed my mind as well. I was thinking that it was a bit better for the Antarctica to fire after being shot at first instead of forcing some random military officer to try and kill you if they lied and said "yeah, I've got orders to kill a CSC that shows up green on my LRS".
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I put in a ticket for the consideration of this issue: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/896

I personally suggested at the minimum adding an option like "Wait, what?" or "Admiral Who?" to cover other knowledge options.