Resolution problem

Bug reports for the different beta versions of transcendence.
Loco15
Anarchist
Anarchist

Wanted to start a new game in the latest 1.9 Beta, but when I get into the ship selection screen the display is messed up.

To clarify, my laptop's screen has a maximum resolution of 1024x600. On 1.8, I can just scroll down the display to read the rest of the ship's statistics or whatever, but in 1.9 the display is fixed and some of the ship's stats are impossible to see because they are too far down and I can't scroll down, and the new difficulty options, together with the gender and name options which I guess are more dependent on the display's dimensions are sort of crammed over the ships stats, with the danger options being literally under the ship's image. As in, the EI500 frigate huge ass image totally covers the difficulty options, to the point were I can't see it.

I wanted to try out 1.9 after playing my first few days in 1.8 to get used to the game, until I got tired a bit after Saint Katherine's of the revival playstyle, and so I wanted to do a more serious, permadeath run in the more new and shiny 1.9 beta, but this turned me off. Maybe I'll try it out, but I'm afraid of what other problems there may be.

I think one of Transcendence's appeals is that you can play it on pretty low spec hardware, or that old toaster you had in your basement since forever. I would be really sad if more things like this crop up, or it starts to turn into "only resolutions xxxxx and above supported."

Awesome game.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Find settings.xml in your Transcendence folder, open the file with your favourite text editor and find the line:
<Option name="force600" value="false"/>

Change false to true, save the file and start your game.

Did that help?
Loco15
Anarchist
Anarchist

Nope, still the same. Here is a picture for reference:
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Reported it on the Ministry for you.