Mining questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Can you mine if there is a mining laser installed on your ship?
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes. Simply shoot the asteroids with the mining laser, and if you shoot enough of them, you'll find ore. Remember, not all asteroids contain ore.

There is always some ore near the illegal mining stations.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Revenue here I come!
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The more "exploity"way to mine asteroids is to get a shield that is immune to laser fire (or laser reflective armor, or whatever), then get a bunch of mining ships following you, and then sit in an asteroid field. The enemy laser fire will mine the rocks for you.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You can also use a plasma torch.
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

But is hard to find plasma resistant/reflecting shield. Welcome ferians. Work for mee - for free. :lol:
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

to do the same exploit with ferians, I find that the best you can do is have a shield that holds up well under the barrage. A taikon 200 wiil manage it, but then that's a very late game shield. you can do the exploit *briefly* by using the dominia powers.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

omniaddict wrote:to do the same exploit with ferians, I find that the best you can do is have a shield that holds up well under the barrage. A taikon 200 wiil manage it, but then that's a very late game shield. you can do the exploit *briefly* by using the dominia powers.
Domina = Of course lol its blocks everything. But they chanse you if you destoryed the station
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yes, they chase you alright, right into a ringer station. All you need is a basebuster and a jumpdrive and a decent shield (VIII at least).

At least, that is what you need if you have the ferrian warship mod. It is even easier without as then you just need a jumpdrive. You could even do it without a shield.

1. go to hive
2. blow up station while sitting almost on top of it (doesn't need to be *directly* on top).
3. You can move slowly as long as you have a large ferrian crowd swarming you. They won't shoot for fear of hitting their fellows.
4. 'U' 'J'
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

F50 wrote:Yes, they chase you alright, right into a ringer station. All you need is a basebuster and a jumpdrive and a decent shield (VIII at least).

At least, that is what you need if you have the ferrian warship mod. It is even easier without as then you just need a jumpdrive. You could even do it without a shield.

1. go to hive
2. blow up station while sitting almost on top of it (doesn't need to be *directly* on top).
3. You can move slowly as long as you have a large ferrian crowd swarming you. They won't shoot for fear of hitting their fellows.
4. 'U' 'J'

heh... Thats what I do. Although, I love to use the jump drive and dock at a station, then wait for them to come. :) Its alwasy fun.