Forgettable Beginner Weapons Discussion

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I looted a +30% Centauri recoilless from a Warlords camp, and thought to try it out.

Awful, truely awful. The range was short and the fire rate was slooooow.

It might have been a bit more punchy with an accelerator, but we'll never know... Himal destroyed my ship while I was trying to get close enough to hit their base with my unremarkable weapon.

The worst thing... the knowledge that some crazed Centauri goon invested 3 kinetic upgrades enhancing this weapon. What a waste!

Has anyone else got stories to share of weapons that are simply to crap to bother with?
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm not enthusiastic about the omni-particle, which is weaker than the weapon it's supposed to be an upgrade of against some opponents, but it's not as lame as your nomination for the lame weapon award. The Centauri Recoilless is the weakest weapon in the game. If the game rounds fractions up or rounds fractions above 0.5 up +30% brings it all the way up to the second worst weapon in the game beating out only an unenhanced version. If the game rounds fractions down that +30% is purely decorative.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still completely useless in ship to ship space combat.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

One time I bought an Iocrym repeller, I was hoping to get the krytyn blaster and instead got that horrible weapon: short range, ships are "pushed" away before you could destroy them; for example try to imagine me with a fully loaded freighter trying to destroy a Deimos that get pushed away all around the solar system :lol:
Probably with the wolfen the Iocrym repeller can be more useful and deadly, but with the freighter there is no way to get it's full potential.
Useless. :D
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The TM7 missile seems useless. It launches a missile that splits into three separate warheads...

and then those warheads do *not* track the enemy.

Level 8 indeed :(
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'd have to say the light recoilless would be in close running with the Centauri recoilless. Very difficult in bringing down a class I shield on an early-game enemy quick enough to not take damage or worse, get killed while trying.