How do you use mods?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Dogma
Anarchist
Anarchist

ive played Transcendence for a couple weeks and really really REALLY (enough emphasis?) like it....and im wondering how i use mods...ive downloaded a choice few from Xelerus but now i dont know what to do with my little horde of .xml files
What do -I- do?...i blow S*** up :3
bluesaberist
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In your Transcendence folder, make another folder called "extensions" (minus the quote marks). Place the .xml files that you want to use in that folder.
If you drop a bar of soap on the ground, is it dirty?
If a person is legally blind, and can suddenly see, is he breaking the law?
If a friend says he's going outside to get some air, what was he breathing before?
-Brad Stein
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

the same goes for any images that go with the mods; they go in the "Extensions" folder as well.

some mods may have the images in a subfolder, if so put the whole folder there.
Dogma
Anarchist
Anarchist

True that @ Blues' signature XD lol and another question...why is it that there isnt some way to make older mods work for new versions because i like 0.99c or whatever the most current one is...but alot iof cool mods are for older versions DX
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

if the mod has errors they will need to be repaired before it can be used.

if the mod uses outdated functions then it will need to be updated to use the current ones.

if the mod depends on something that is no longer in the game(can't think of one, except modded items) it must be made not to.

otherwise a mod for a previous version should work with the current version, but the inverse is not necessarily true.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dear Dogma,
welcome to Transcendence Forums,
please note that some mods can ruin the fun of the game because they are unbalanced (can be really considered cheating).
I suggest you to finish the game first then have fun trying mods. :D
Dogma
Anarchist
Anarchist

well the the is its that even as im playing through the first time im starting a second game on my laptop just to screw around with on roadtrips and such...i just want to know how to get a ship mod to show up so i can select it...DX