Centurions vs Dreadnaught, hmm...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

By the time I'm fighting Ares Dreads, I typically have a jumpdrive. So I make a habit of jumping ahead and trying to blow up the dreadnaught before my wingmen get in range. Kind of a fun challenge.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That requires you to use the jumpdrive. I try to stay on the 250 reactor for as long as I can (or until I find something better in loot) and 100 mw on a luxury would limit me to hopelessly inadequate shields. That and I tend to use most of my slots on weapons and anything left over goes to patcher arms or other low draw stuff.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I think the commonwealth needs a rebuffing in general. The main war against the ares was some time ago and it sounded like they got handed with the centurions. When you land a carrier they comment about how the rest of the fleet hasn't sent anything in terms of reinforcements.. so what you have is what you get. I agree that they should just not send any wing men, but only after the first failure. I imagine when you come back from the first mission against a dread, you have to be debriefed. Just my thoughts.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Of course they can send a dozen Aquilas against a rogue CSC. If they actually used them against the Ares in a concentrated force they could cut a devastating swath through Ares space with few losses.