Beginner Armors

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

First off, I made a mistake, the Omsk MkII will only get a max of 400 hp, not 540.
However, I have managed to assemble a full set of heavy armor with the mark II shield AND I have found enough longzhu's to give it +150, for a grand total of a nice round 1000 hp. I also managed to get some dyon dust for my armor, so I am going to try this defense setup for my end game and see how it fares against the Iocrym.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Prophet wrote:First off, I made a mistake, the Omsk MkII will only get a max of 400 hp, not 540.
However, I have managed to assemble a full set of heavy armor with the mark II shield AND I have found enough longzhu's to give it +150, for a grand total of a nice round 1000 hp. I also managed to get some dyon dust for my armor, so I am going to try this defense setup for my end game and see how it fares against the Iocrym.
I've been using medium Omsk and a Mk.II..and Dyon as well...the shield's at three-hundred-and-something HP currently......I'm going to see how far I can get with it as well. I don't think it's quite in the same legue as the franken-shield you've got set up there.

Although it's hardly "beginner" :D

Two questions I have to ask......1. Are polyceramic/tevlar armor any use at all? 2. Are ANY of the low level wierd armors worth it?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If I'm really unlucky in Eridani, I like to install XMH armor, because it has bonuses with both laser and kinetic.
It's cheap, resistant but difficult to repair, if you have a tinker around in the first systems, it's definitely a good choice.
Tevlar is a good armor against Charon pirates if you are unlucky with your setup. the laser and particle bonuses are good even against the charon fortress if you have a good shield.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

.......on the topic of armors, I'd love to see a bunch of Xenophobe Fighters attacking a freighter with particle-reflect, and killing each other. Unlikely to happen, but in theory, it's possible....
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:.......on the topic of armors, I'd love to see a bunch of Xenophobe Fighters attacking a freighter with particle-reflect, and killing each other. Unlikely to happen, but in theory, it's possible....
Didn't someone say there was a way to choose the ships that show up on the attract mode screen (the opening screen, it's a term left over from the days before home game consoles)?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

schilcote wrote:
Shrike wrote:.......on the topic of armors, I'd love to see a bunch of Xenophobe Fighters attacking a freighter with particle-reflect, and killing each other. Unlikely to happen, but in theory, it's possible....
Didn't someone say there was a way to choose the ships that show up on the attract mode screen (the opening screen, it's a term left over from the days before home game consoles)?
I know tht if you push the "N" key, it cycles, but only on the ship that you're seeing the POV of.....but i don't know a way to adjust exactly what ships turn up...and in what numbers. In theory though, yes, it's be possible to do that way.

(I did ONCE manage to get two iocrym command ships attacking each other on the menu. They plasma'd their sheilds off..and then disintegrated each other! :lol: )
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think they cycle in UNID order now, or it's just my impression ?
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

digdug wrote:I think they cycle in UNID order now, or it's just my impression ?
I got that impression too..ranx gunship then ranx dreadnought, iocryms all together etc. but I haven't really tested it...
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Blitz wrote:
digdug wrote:I think they cycle in UNID order now, or it's just my impression ?
I got that impression too..ranx gunship then ranx dreadnought, iocryms all together etc. but I haven't really tested it...
Well...Outlaws, Xenophobes and...uh...seems like everything else...is grouped together.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Maybe It's got something to do with how they are arranged in xmls. Will test it...