Installing damaged weapon?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Turalyon
Anarchist
Anarchist

So, I'm doing the opening quests and I destroyed the station of the "unbelievers" and got a damaged Rasiermesser plus some ammo.

Then I got the quest to go to a certain station and install that damaged weapon on my ship. When I go to that station, the only option I have is to install an undamaged weapon I have to buy, which won't fulfil the quest. With only the damaged Rasiermesser gun in my inventory, the Install button is greyed out.

How do I finish the quest?

Playing on Steam Version 1.9.1
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Rasiermesser SmartCannon usually isn't damaged. Not sure why it is.
Not sure if you did try installing an undamaged weapon.
Try installing any weapon, a laser cannon will do. Then get it removed if you don't want that weapon anymore.
IIRC installing any weapon will trigger the mission as completed.

Let us know if that doesn't work.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Turalyon
Anarchist
Anarchist

relanat wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:01 pm
The Rasiermesser SmartCannon usually isn't damaged. Not sure why it is.
Not sure if you did try installing an undamaged weapon.
Try installing any weapon, a laser cannon will do. Then get it removed if you don't want that weapon anymore.
IIRC installing any weapon will trigger the mission as completed.

Let us know if that doesn't work.
The quest specifically says "damaged".

This is the text I get from the Matriarch's Chancery: "The damaged Rasiermesser SmartCannon in your cargo hold is powerful. Go to Starton Dock and have it installed at their dock servics."

In the Journal, the text says: "Visit dock services at Starton Dry Dock to install a damaged Rasiermesser SmartCannon."

Installing a regular Rasiermesser (or any other weapon) doesn't do anything. I had an omnidirectional laser already installed and I placed a regular Rasiermesser in my third slot. Then I tried replacing the laser with an undamaged Rasiermesser. Didn't work either.

PS. I went back to the Domina station and simply refused the quest with the "I don't need it" option (after blowing all but 28 of my credits on trial and error...).

Still, should be looked at.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

George doesn’t check the forums nearly often enough, but I’ll poke him about this on Thursday during his weekly stream. Alternately, you can post up a bug report about it here.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)