A newcomer's questions

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I've actually gotten just past point juno (not that i've explored the systems yet, just gate-hunting), but I feel my ship is hopelessly "out-of-date" by comparison to the enemies.
Wolfen class gunship:
1x kiloton cannon from a ranx dreadnaught
1x dual partical cannon
1x dwarg cynodist stun thing
130 and 140 HP armor plates and a V300 90HP powered rear armor plate
1x raissermesser missile launcher (with no missiles)
1x 100MW reactor
1x Level 6 engines
2x patch spiders
1x 25MW mammoth shield (240HP)
1) How do I join up with the military? They alwayse shooed me away when i visted their stations
2) How do i get 12000 rins quickly (i want a 1 gigwatt reactor)? The ringers don't seem to want to buy any of my stuff, except a few certain ores i got by killing teretons.
3) I've also got some other weapons i like to swap out from time to time:
actinide waste cannon
dual flenser cannon
4) I've got a bunch of other weapons ranging from 100MW to 250MW in my cargo hold as well, mostly military grade commonwealth and ion weapons. Are these choise weapons for use against the heretic iocrym ship?
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

*SPOILER ALERT!*

Wolfy wrote: 1) How do I join up with the military? They alwayse shooed me away when i visted their stations
Try Korolov missions and/or enter and fight in the BAM.
Wolfy wrote: 2) How do i get 12000 rins quickly (i want a 1 gigwatt reactor)? The ringers don't seem to want to buy any of my stuff, except a few certain ores i got by killing teretons.
Try ordering one in a tradingPost. Use credits instead. Or, start farming Ferians and sell ore to Ringers.
Wolfy wrote: 3) I've also got some other weapons i like to swap out from time to time:
actinide waste cannon
dual flenser cannon
If you're already past PJ, you're better off getting Ion and thermo based weapons. Best that you head back to PJ and run the missions there for a chance to get a killer weapon!
Wolfy wrote: 4) I've got a bunch of other weapons ranging from 100MW to 250MW in my cargo hold as well, mostly military grade commonwealth and ion weapons. Are these choise weapons for use against the heretic iocrym ship?
See the second part from answer 3
Desolator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

But that one is still a prototype. The real one is way harder to get, but it pwns everything it shoots at, including the io-cream ;) (input/output-cream :P)
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

Desolator wrote:But that one is still a prototype. The real one is way harder to get, but it pwns everything it shoots at, including the io-cream ;) (input/output-cream :P)
I still haven't figured out how to get the real one... But I've used it before (Thanks to my modding genius) and it pwns!
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Desolator wrote:But that one is still a prototype. The real one is way harder to get, but it pwns everything it shoots at, including the io-cream ;) (input/output-cream :P)
real one? i looked in the xml's for both antarctica and point juno but it's the experimental one right?
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

Wolfy wrote:
real one? i looked in the xml's for both antarctica and point juno but it's the experimental one right?

***Spoiler alert?***

No, we are talking about the Non Prototype Lamplighter
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Charon Mass of Goo wrote:
Wolfy wrote:

***Spoiler alert?***

No, we are talking about the Non Prototype Lamplighter
how did you get that?
Btw- turns out it was a 500MW watt reactor for 20000, but i found a huge number of dead ferian ships next to a commonwealth settlement in the astroid belt :lol:
solves my rin problems :D
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This be true, but I do believe that you must first retrieve the prototype before you'll ever get the real deal.

@ Wolfy; Check with all the CSC's, one of them will point you in the right direction to get the real deal. Without giving it all away, there will be only one mission given to you.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hrm... :?
I peeked in the scripts though and i can't find it... (too busy to backtrack all the way to charon and get in the military the normal way right now since i REALLY need that reactor upgrade- I've got my 500MW, but I want the 1GW)
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Wolfy wrote:Hrm... :?
I peeked in the scripts though and i can't find it... (too busy to backtrack all the way to charon and get in the military the normal way right now since i REALLY need that reactor upgrade- I've got my 500MW, but I want the 1GW)

Just play. ;)
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ttech wrote:
Wolfy wrote:Hrm... :?

Just play. ;)
nvmnd- i found it. it IS the antarctica one (scriptwise) though the dialouge suggests otherwise
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops