Military Mission

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Pispautada
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hi... I'm playing the game a couple of months now but I can't do the 1st military mission of the Fortress. I did the gladiator mission, i got the rom but I don't know what the Military Mission is... could anyone help me?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, what is it that they tell you to do? Are they telling you to go and destroy a Sung convoy? If so, you need to go to the stargate and destroy the freighter. It's a long freighter that has orange spikes coming out it's end.
Pispautada
Anarchist
Anarchist

right... but that freight, how do i find it?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You'll find the freighter at the stargate. You don't need to collect any freight, you just need to destroy the freighter. Try only hitting the freighter and not any other ships like the wind slavers. It'll take longer to complete the mission that way.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Pispautada wrote:right... but that freight, how do i find it?
There should be a red arrow at the edge of the screen pointing to it, with text description of the ship. If you don't have anything targetted, it should be the only red arrow with text that isn't a base of some sort.
Pispautada
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't get it... i tryied the mission, I accepted it and there isn't nothing at any of the stargate nor is there any red arrow! i'm getting pretty desperate!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Depending on how quickly you get to the stargate, you may have to wait a few seconds ort five minutes. I recommend a slow pace towards the stargate, or possibly some enemy killing, then to the stargate. Either way, you will have to wait. Leave the game running while you're on top of the stargate and read a book or something while you wait.
Pispautada
Anarchist
Anarchist

I got it, thanks :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Sure thing.

George, maybe you could do something about waiting for the convoy arrive? Possibly make it arrive more quickly?
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:Sure thing.

George, maybe you could do something about waiting for the convoy arrive? Possibly make it arrive more quickly?
This is not easy way, if time will be chaged and stargates are to far away from yours starting point and stargates are to close , then you have very limited time to interecept and destroy, especialy in systems with nebula.
In some cases convou passed throught system and I was on cca half way to stargate. Mayby counting for convoy arival start if you in range cca 15-20s (realtime) from entering stargate (of course, need to calculate slownes caused by nebula).
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've had something like this happen. The system stargates were fairly close together and the Commonwealth station was far away with one or two nebula in between. By the time I caught up to the convoy, it was about to leave the system. Lets just say the mission was impossible in that system.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I doubt he'll have gotten a Jumpdrive by then, PMN.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

I had one last night where the superfreighter's path took it right next to a Penitent Shrine AND a Sung Fortress (which were so close they were on the same screen).
Czert
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PlayMeNow wrote:It's your job to use a jumpdrive, you know.
Using jump drive is not so smart. You can simply jump in wrong way. :wink:
My English, may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Do you chalenge me ? But be nice :-)) http://czert1938.mybrute.com