What I miss in a game ...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
panzer
Miner
Miner

Animal being, born and living in space.
panzer
Miner
Miner

Bounty hunting - someone hired bounty hunters to kill you.
Border - border should be seen as a line of beacons. If you breach the line, alarm is set off and border patrol attacks you. Unless you dock at a station and pay.
Sistem, flooded with radiation. You have to be quick to loot and find the next stargate.
Shield with limited Borg capability - normal shield which gets immunity to weapon from a ship, which first attacks you.
Comets
emergency call - if you have a military ID, you can ask for help from a nearby station
Anti-psionic helmet - When you are getting nearer and nearer to the core, a voice in your head (from a race which has mind control ability) orders you to self-destruct. You need to have a helmet like that (and upgrade it).
along the way, you should find some destroyed ships (or heavy damaged) from other pilgrims.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

An anti-psionic helmet would end the game. As soon as you got rid of the Domina compulsion you'd go back to your spouse and kid back in St. K's.
panzer
Miner
Miner

inverted sistem - sistem, where space is white and sun is black
Help small race - rogue fleet took over teritory of a small race. They beg you to help them overthrown them ...
Mysterious guild - you are aproached by some mysterious member of even mysterious guild who wants to do a missions for them.
Bokasha
Anarchist
Anarchist

panzer wrote:Oh, the station could hide a stargate using a cloaking device. And only they would have a code for decloaking. So, if you destroy them, you still could not pass ...
If the station's destroyed, where's the power for the cloaking device coming from? Also, like Atarlost said, there's probably no cloaking technology like that in the Transcendence universe.
panzer wrote:One of the races should have a device, which enables you to make a wormhole.
There is a device that lets you jump about at short intervals, even with the short time it takes to deactivate and reactivate it's still impractical to use for inter-stellar travel though.
panzer wrote:Some Ancients races possibly know how to use scripts to defend themselves against the player.
Assuming that's a joke, it's kinda funny...
panzer wrote:Another possibility for loan: You can borrow from mafia (or bank, it is the same thing anyway) and in return they take your soul away (using Soul Extractor 2.0 - copyright of Mafia Inc.). You have 2 hours to repay them back. If you pay back loan + interest, all is OK. If you do not, you just die since soul is essential part of you. In this case mafia sells your soul to Brootherhood of Evil. They are sending souls to the evil god/entity named Void in his hell-like dimension, and he in return gives them money to pay the mafia since Void is unable to exist in our dimension (and he needs souls for his sinister purposes to eradicate all dimension except his own).
That'd be the black market, probably... Wait, how are they the same thing?

I'm not sure if the Transcendence universe believes in souls.. Do they? Anyway, how would this even work....?

There already is an evil god/entity thing in Transcendence, it's Oracus, and there are some people that worship him, I think...
panzer wrote:Mother ships
Could probably be done in a future version in some way, I think... Maybe..
panzer wrote:Bounty hunting - someone hired bounty hunters to kill you.
Border - border should be seen as a line of beacons. If you breach the line, alarm is set off and border patrol attacks you. Unless you dock at a station and pay.
Sistem, flooded with radiation. You have to be quick to loot and find the next stargate.
Shield with limited Borg capability - normal shield which gets immunity to weapon from a ship, which first attacks you.
Comets
emergency call - if you have a military ID, you can ask for help from a nearby station
Anti-psionic helmet - When you are getting nearer and nearer to the core, a voice in your head (from a race which has mind control ability) orders you to self-destruct. You need to have a helmet like that (and upgrade it).
along the way, you should find some destroyed ships (or heavy damaged) from other pilgrims.
Mhm, if you get on the wrong side of the black market they'll send some after you already.

Wait, so they start attacking you when? If you don't get to the station to dock and transfer the credits fast enough?.... Anyway, I think that doesn't matter, 'cause enemy stations already attack you when you get inside a certain range..

Why? what kind of radiation? ...Might be a nice sub-plot though I guess..

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that... At all, in any way...

Alright, random comets could be nice, I guess....

Sort of makes sense that the military might help you if you called, maybe...

In what way? It's not an instant death, is it? How would this work? Does it even make sense? I don't really know.

It's fairly likely that you'll find some sort of wreck floating somewhere in space, if you play long enough...
Atarlost wrote:An anti-psionic helmet would end the game. As soon as you got rid of the Domina compulsion you'd go back to your spouse and kid back in St. K's.
You think? I think it might just make it easier to ignore Domina... Meh, don't really know though... The nature of Domina's powers might be a question only George Moromisato (creator of the game) could answer...
panzer wrote:inverted sistem - sistem, where space is white and sun is black
Help small race - rogue fleet took over teritory of a small race. They beg you to help them overthrown them ...
Mysterious guild - you are aproached by some mysterious member of even mysterious guild who wants to do a missions for them.
Why? How? Is that even physically possible? I'm not entirely sure, but I think it isn't...

There's something sort of like that in the game, but they're humans, I think, and it's a station, not a whole system

That might be sort of good, I guess...

----
That's all just my opinion though, all of it... (except the quotes, obviously)

Also: Yeah, this should really be in the Bugs and Brainstorms section though...
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Absolutely LOVE the colors :P

Some good and funny points too

.]
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

the luminous drones can spawn with different shields, if they are killed by an ion weapon the next will be immune to ion.

switchable shields are moddedly possible, though not in common use as far as i can tell, and so far are manually triggered, but could possibly be made.