What I miss in a game ...

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
panzer
Miner
Miner

I haven't got to the end of the game so apology if it is included, but this should also be in:

Collector - quest, where you have to collect some items and deliver them to Collector. When you finish the job, you realize, he made a mighty spaceship with those parts and wants to kill you. Something like that.
space mines - when pursued with enemy spaceship, you could drop a mine and disable their propulsion
space currents - like in game Aquaria, you would have to have enough strong propulsion and good shields to passage these currents to reach the enemy or even stargate.
spies - When ally ship is taken over by the enemy spy and the next moment attacks you, when you are least expecting it.
matter/antimatter engine, sun wind engine, vacuum drive - they began to operate when your fuel is low and allow you to reach the nearest space station, but very slow speed.
evil empire - at the begining of the game, you would meet strange drones, spy ships (and destroy them), before military tells you the truth: Biggest empire around plans to invade their neighbours. Seek out their outposts, their main ship buildind site, conquer their homeworld and find and destroy their golden secret base in the asteroid belt with their emperor on board. Or the galaxy is doomed ...
Shield glow - when yours shields are hit, they should glow.
Cloak - Cloaked ship should randomly patrol the system ( for good cloaking, take a look at this game The neutral zone 2 http://tnz2.cateia.com/index.php?sadrza ... _eng&tip=1). it is only abandoned alpha version, they are making a new one. You can also take a look at The neutral zone 1 on their site (http://tnz2.cateia.com/index.php?sadrza ... tnz1&tip=1).
White flag - once or twice you could fly to pirate base and hire their fighters for an attack on a bigger enemy.
exotic sistems: sun sistem with black hole orbiting it, neutron stars, red dwarfs, etc.
argos telescope - When you dock it, you could take-a-peek, what awaits you in the next system
Sun sistem with Dyson sphere in it (which you could enter and loot)
Treasure hunt - at the begining of the game you cold buy a map of a treasure on the other side of the galaxy
Tractor beam
more human touched missions - Defend outpost mission, bring necesary supplies to outpost orbiting black hole, fly a princess to her homeworld, bring medicine to dying civilisation etc
Not only aliens, but robotic civilization should be in there as well.
Pirate mission - you could get hired by pirate boss to destroy his rival.
Sun sistem with 2 gates - one to go to the next sistem and other to pocket of space where there is a hideout of pirates
Enemy with dimensional weapons - when hit, you travel to another dimension where his buddies await you to take your ship apart ...
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think that this thread should be moved in Bugs and Brainstorms.

Hi panzer,
you have a nice bunch of good ideas there:
let's see

Code: Select all

Shield glow - when yours shields are hit, they should glow. 
can be done, we have shield hit effects now.
Tractor beam
we have it as a mod.
more human touched missions - Defend outpost mission, bring necesary supplies to outpost
they are in the game
Sun sistem with 2 gates
we have it, there is an optional sidestory with a hidden system :D
Not only aliens, but robotic civilization should be in there as well.
heh, there are. :D
vacuum drive
The most powerful reactor available ingame is vacuum powered :D
Treasure hunt - at the begining of the game you cold buy a map of a treasure on the other side of the galaxy
can be done, it could be a nice mod ! :)
Pirate mission - you could get hired by pirate boss to destroy his rival.
this can be a nice idea for new missions for the Black Market :P
Enemy with dimensional weapons
can be done, another good idea for a mod! :D
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Collector - quest, where you have to collect some items and deliver them to Collector. When you finish the job, you realize, he made a mighty spaceship with those parts and wants to kill you. Something like that.
It is alittle cliche but that would be a fun little thing.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually collection quests would be the easiest to generate on the fly, don't you think?

Make up the requirements when you enter a game/system/station whatever, define by system level to give the player different collector tasks of varying difficulty..

Increasing 'token' items in the game with a big set of rares/very rares to draw from could improve replay by reducing the repetition game to game. Also, big set of "recipes" for storyline outcome.
panzer
Miner
Miner

information cards - you could buy a card, on which would be folowing info:
- picture of alien
-name of his homeworld
-is his race an enemy or foe
- are they pirates, merchants, military etc
- brief history (first encounter etc )

When you destroy the first ship of alien race, this card would get updated with picture of the ship, it's regular weapon etc.

- "hero" ships - legendary commanders on flag ships or explorers 8and looters) like you, which ships would be using looted weaponary, shilds and not the regular ones.

When three ships of the same type attack you, one could use missiles, the other mining laser and the third something else. so aou would not be sure what weapons these ships have. Some ships are not worth to loot since I know if i loot the first and if it does not have something to loot, the others are not worth either. In this case, you would be looting every one of them if they have some rare item.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

When three ships of the same type attack you, one could use missiles, the other mining laser and the third something else. so aou would not be sure what weapons these ships have. Some ships are not worth to loot since I know if i loot the first and if it does not have something to loot, the others are not worth either. In this case, you would be looting every one of them if they have some rare item.
we have random equipment by using mods, but I never thought about random cargo, heh, that's can be a nice idea. :D
panzer
Miner
Miner

Powerful bases should have some outer line of defence. It is weird that i can sneak up and begin firing on the station itself before it's ships attack me.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Some do. It's about having something nasty patrol at 100-120 ls. You'll find it very hard to snipe dwarg fortresses for this reason. If every station that spawns with capships had some as reinforcments at an appropriate patrol distance sniping would be harder.
panzer
Miner
Miner

Ok. I find it funny if you hide on a planet, go to it's edge and find a position from where you can fire and hit enemy, but theirs weapons can't hurt you (because a planet defends you) . With that, you can make a massacre ... :)
panzer
Miner
Miner

At the beginning, you should have an option to make custom made ship. You would have some weapons, etc available and you would take what you like. You could choose the color of the ship and even the color of the laser beam. :)
panzer
Miner
Miner

When you reach some milestone like stargate number 10 and if you want to go back, you should get a list of previous stargates. when you click on one, you would be teleported to that sistem. This would be good if you couldn't defeat mightier enemy, so you just go forward, equip with mightier weapons and go back. So you shouldn't go through every sistem in between.
panzer
Miner
Miner

Another Collector quest: Collect special items through the galaxy and at the end (or near the end) you could unlock a sun sistem with some special quest.
panzer
Miner
Miner

stealers- enemies who wouldn't want to destroy you, but only want to take out your shields so they can teleport your cargo to their ship.

When heavily damaged, ship would automaticly stop. All energy from the engine would go to shields and you could have a 2,3 seconds more to defend yourself.

Sun sistem as racetrack - who wins, gets the prize.
panzer
Miner
Miner

Loan - A station could give you a loan if you need cash to buy some item. If you took a loan, you must do a mission for them or repay the loan + 2%. if you wont gave back a loan, the next time you dock at a station, your cargo is taken away. If your cargo is not valued enough to repay all the debt, they will take your ship and end of story.

"Oh, I am going to mining facility in XY sistem, maybe there they need a good worker."
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

How about a bank station where they instead tell you flat out that anyone one a pilgramage to the core is by nature an unacceptable credit risk?

Your life expectancy is measured in days or weeks, and even if by some miracle you survive there's no way for them to collect once you pass through the heretic gate, not that anyone's survived before.

Of course the same phenomenon should make you an unacceptable insurance risk as well.