What Armor Can My Ship Use?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Styro
Miner
Miner

First, thanks for an awesome and amazing game! I particularly like how easy it is to customize. I even made myself a more powerful Solar Panel because I was tired of paying for fuel all the time, or waiting to recharge with the normal Solar Panel. :)

On to my question... Is there a way in-game to tell what armor is compatible with my ship?

I was using an Omsk shield and found some heavy Omsk armor, which I then saved up for and purchased only to find out that it could not be installed on my ship.

I noticed that when you start a new game and select a ship it tells you what tonnage of armor the ship can use, but once you have started your game is there a way to be reminded?

If not, maybe in the ship status screen (or from a sub-menu) it would be good to list some of your ship's stats similar to what is shown on the ship selection screen. It could also show current thrust, turning rate, power usage, and other useful/interesting info.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yes, that would be very interesting (and useful).
More info in the ship menu please! :)
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How about if the buy screen would check if the armor will fit on your ship and tell you if it can't before selling?
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I like Bobby's idea. What I'd really like is a Ship Status screen in general: info from the intro and ship selection screens, ships destroyed, most powerful enemy defeated, ranks with Korolov / Militia / Fleet / Black Market / Domina, Cash and Rins on hand, etc. I know the game keeps all those variables - I just want them displayed somewhere.
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage