Final Arena choice

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Eli
Miner
Miner

I'm ready to meet Slicer in the Arena and I have to decided to help Kate Morgental and Katami, destroying a Black Market in the process. What are the advantages and disadvantages. I'm counting on more Black Market action. Will helping Katami mess me up with them?
Jeoshua
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Surprisingly not, tho' it probably should. You definitely won't be able to go back to THAT black market, anyways.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Jeoshua wrote:Surprisingly not, tho' it probably should. You definitely won't be able to go back to THAT black market, anyways.
There's not a lot they can do after its been blown up.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Kate blows up the station, so you don't get blacklisted by the black market :D
Wraithwynd
Miner
Miner

I rarely do the arena when I first hit it, instead I go on, boosting my shields, armor or weapon a bit, find another black market. Often St. K's is the very next system with the next system or the one after that having either a black market or a black market dry dock.

For the quest all you need to do is target the black market vessel, I forget the name of it. Hit it with a guided missile or if you have omni-directional weapon get behind it and tag it, get its attention. Then pull away from the BM and kill that vessel only.

Then Kate will ride in an take out the Black Market.

After the Black Market explode, DO dock with it to continue the quest.

=========
Suggestion:
=========

If you have a targeting program, then I suggest you "scout" 2-3 systems ahead - just fly through holding down T or F to target stations so they will appear on your map. This way you have an idea of what is before and behind you.

When it comes to the black market there have been games when the Black Market in the Arena is the only one I have found until a few systems past St. K, thus if you are into doing business with the BM its would be a good idea to skip the Quest until such time you have a BM to do business with.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wraithwynd wrote:When it comes to the black market there have been games when the Black Market in the Arena is the only one I have found until a few systems past St. K, thus if you are into doing business with the BM its would be a good idea to skip the Quest until such time you have a BM to do business with.
But, the BM in Rigel doesn't give you any BM cred.
Wraithwynd
Miner
Miner

Xephyr wrote:
Wraithwynd wrote:When it comes to the black market there have been games when the Black Market in the Arena is the only one I have found until a few systems past St. K, thus if you are into doing business with the BM its would be a good idea to skip the Quest until such time you have a BM to do business with.
But, the BM in Rigel doesn't give you any BM cred.
Yet if its the only BM you have, it may be better than none at all to sell stuff to at the very least.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Blackmarket XP is gained whenever you buy an illegal item at a station with the +blackmarket attribute, which the Rigel Aurelius station does, so you do you gain xp from buying items from them. You can make some decent money by buying their stock and selling it somewhere else.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wraithwynd wrote:Yet if its the only BM you have, it may be better than none at all to sell stuff to at the very least.
I would opt for getting a smuggler's hold from them, and selling to a Victorian Nightclub.
Prophet wrote:Blackmarket XP is gained whenever you buy an illegal item at a station with the +blackmarket attribute, which the Rigel Aurelius station does, so you do you gain xp from buying items from them. You can make some decent money by buying their stock and selling it somewhere else.
Hm. Didn't know that, just assumed from all the times I've played through.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
Wraithwynd wrote:Yet if its the only BM you have, it may be better than none at all to sell stuff to at the very least.
I would opt for getting a smuggler's hold from them, and selling to a Victorian Nightclub.
Didn't that get removed?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
hex
Miner
Miner

Shrike wrote:
Xephyr wrote:
Didn't that get removed?
No, but I think it might have been nerfed for balance.
Hmm...