Stupidest early game death.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
cannon
Anarchist
Anarchist

Epic.

Maybe some day in the future George will figure out how to detect this condition (perma EMP with HP gain > HP loss) and have the end logs read "Snafu has died of old age. He never reached the core."
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

<chuckle>
Dom 8-)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

at present, there's always the Self-Destruct button. :D

Which most people will push long before that would happen.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
A yacht called Sapphire
Anarchist
Anarchist

This was my stupidest early game death: I had a pretty good run in Eridani, with enough material there to upgrade my ship substantially with plenty of credits left over. However, while I didn't upgrade my reactor (I found a 50MW one on a Centauri station but held off on and then forgot to install it), I did purchase plenty of extra fuel. The fuel bar flashed red when I got to the stargate on my way out of the system, but I went through the gate anyway and decided I would refuel there since I had plenty of fuel in my cargo hold (I was in a bit of a rush). When I got through, I went to refill and...whoops! I had indeed bought a load of fuel, but it was the wrong type! :roll:

There were no nearby stations to get the correct fuel from either.
A yacht called Sapphire
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My stupidest death? Early times I played in 0.99, I bought lots of cheap barrels and used all my creds.

Opened them. Predictably, radiocative waste.

So I dock at the commonwealth to get de-rad treatement.

But because I'd spent all my creds on buying the damn barrels in the first place, I couldn't get treated.

:(
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Anarchist
Anarchist

I ran out of fuel while docked with a dead station.
I'm a wee bit insane
Emoneg
Miner
Miner
Location: In the crew quarters of his freighter working on weapons schematics.

My stupid award.

Jumped into the charon system. Docked at the station. Left for sammich. Came back dead.
Modding is tweaking things... Does that mean were actually tweakers?
I thank everybody because I appreciate their help.
UNID= 0xD779
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Emoneg wrote:My stupid award.

Jumped into the charon system. Docked at the station. Left for sammich. Came back dead.
You should never stay at a station and leave for a snack. >.<

Press "P" when not at a station to "pause"!
Emoneg
Miner
Miner
Location: In the crew quarters of his freighter working on weapons schematics.

LOL that was before i realized there was a pause button. hence the stupid award.

I've got a collection going in various categories.
Modding is tweaking things... Does that mean were actually tweakers?
I thank everybody because I appreciate their help.
UNID= 0xD779
Star Weaver
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: . . . between the stars and the warm black sky . . .

I lost my first just-post-St-K pilot to unpausedness too. Went to work in the kitchen thinking whatever I had up on the screen paused it, and a while later my SO said there was an explosion on the screen, which turned out to be the "you have died" crawl text background. (I think this was the same game where I first got to and almost beat the slicer, only to find that I couldn't self destruct and rez to try again because I got insurrerected.)

Not much later, a system or two past St K's, I found my first commonwealth militia command post thingie. And after running a mission for them, I had some wingmen and autons parked outside while checking the armory and fiddling with the (UG) wingmen. Some random enemy group came in and apparently my autons tried to shoot through the station or some friendlies, repeatedly, because the next thing I knew I was reading "was blown up by a Britannia." (I believe EVE players call this being "WTFPWNED")
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So I get contaminated by Sapiens...
180 sec: "No worries"
30 sec: (Panic)
15 sec: (Jumps through stargate)
10: (Panic)
0: "Killed by radiation poisoning"
*resurrect*
15 SEC LEFT I STUPID SHOULD NOT HAVE JUMPED THROUGH STARGATE @ 15 SECONDS TO DEATH!!!
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

My stupidest death was back in .96 or so. I did great, got an x-ray cannon before Rigel Aurealis somehow. I had never seen it before, so I shot it. Realized it had a longer range than I thought and just so happened to be pointed at a black market station. I fled. While running away I got contaminated by a sapiens compound. :roll:

Another time I was desperate for fuel, so I went to one of the groups of dead ships. I docked with one at full thrust because I was too desperate to be picky. Got my fuel and refueled. Then I went to the cockpit and realized I was contaminated and had spent about half my remaining life refueling. I was too desperate to avoid an enemy base (I think it was Charon). Flew over it and got blasted by pursuing ships while docking and with about 3 seconds left before become a nice cheery green wreck.
Last edited by Drako Slyith on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:My stupidest death was back in .96 or so. I did great, got an x-ray cannon before Rigel Aurealis somehow. I had never seen it before, so I shot it. Realized it had a longer range than I thought and just so happened to be pointed at a black market station. I fled. While running away I got contaminated by a sapiens compound. :roll:
When I get something unique, I always save and continue the game, helps me save cool things. But yeah that'll teach you never to mess with those black market people.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drako Slyith wrote:My stupidest death was back in .96 or so. I did great, got an x-ray cannon before Rigel Aurealis somehow. I had never seen it before, so I shot it. Realized it had a longer range than I thought and just so happened to be pointed at a black market station. I fled. While running away I got contaminated by a sapiens compound. :roll:
When I get something unique, I always save and continue the game, helps me save cool things. But yeah that'll teach you never to mess with those black market people.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

oh wow... 6 posts from that stupid error... I wish it would stop "I did post but won't tell you" stuff.. :/