Stupidest early game death.

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Post Reply
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.
Contact:

Usually I do too, but I had never got anything good before. (It was my third or so game, and I actually had not learned how to save...
Image
Image
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2764
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

I never knew how to play until I cheated, I had Colonel but I didn't know what to do past that and wondered aimlessly and continuously did Korolov
Image
Image
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.
Contact:

I couldn't find the stargate out of charon so I stayed there and got blasted repeatedly.

Another stupid death i had was I was attacked by Charon gunships after I had destroyed their base and was low on health. I couldn't find a friendly station so I sat on the sun, thinking my new solar panel I had bought would keep my fuel up. I set it on auto pilot to let see if maybe some friendly ship would come and kill them or something. I went to get a drink, came back and saw I had forgotten to install the solar panel and had maybe ten seconds of fuel left.

I updated my first post on this topic by the way because I thought of a stupider death.
Image
Image
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5400
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Drako Slyith wrote:I couldn't find the stargate out of charon so I stayed there and got blasted repeatedly.

Another stupid death i had was I was attacked by Charon gunships after I had destroyed their base and was low on health. I couldn't find a friendly station so I sat on the sun, thinking my new solar panel I had bought would keep my fuel up. I set it on auto pilot to let see if maybe some friendly ship would come and kill them or something. I went to get a drink, came back and saw I had forgotten to install the solar panel and had maybe ten seconds of fuel left.

I updated my first post on this topic by the way because I thought of a stupider death.
The gate out of charon should always be with that outermost cluster of planets (I think there are three closely clustered planets?)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 1080ti | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970
Office Systems: 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 3770, 16GB, some old quadro | i5 3210m, 8GB | some i7 macbook
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
User avatar
quils3
Miner
Miner
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm
Location: Stuck in hyper space

My worst first game ever,
I skipped to the end and then met a blue ship.....
I thought that was the guys from the beginning
then......
I fired
it fired...
end of story
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.
Contact:

Wolfy wrote:
Drako Slyith wrote:I couldn't find the stargate out of charon so I stayed there and got blasted repeatedly.

Another stupid death i had was I was attacked by Charon gunships after I had destroyed their base and was low on health. I couldn't find a friendly station so I sat on the sun, thinking my new solar panel I had bought would keep my fuel up. I set it on auto pilot to let see if maybe some friendly ship would come and kill them or something. I went to get a drink, came back and saw I had forgotten to install the solar panel and had maybe ten seconds of fuel left.

I updated my first post on this topic by the way because I thought of a stupider death.
The gate out of charon should always be with that outermost cluster of planets (I think there are three closely clustered planets?)
It was my first time ever playing the game. I got shot whenever I went towards those planets (It has either 3 or 4, 60% it has 4) I thought it was in the asteroids... bad move.

Another stupid death I just had while testing one of my mods through the whole otherwise vanilla game was I was low on fuel, I had enough fuel in my hold to keep going, but I hate using it for non-emergencies, and the bar was still green. I opened an abandoned cargo crate, which informed my a solvent had dissolved my fuel. I promptly ran out of fuel and died :roll:
Image
Image
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5400
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I alwase dump my cargo hold first, then check crates, then pick eveything back up once its all secure.
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 1080ti | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970
Office Systems: 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 3770, 16GB, some old quadro | i5 3210m, 8GB | some i7 macbook
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2764
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

quils3 wrote:My worst first game ever,
I skipped to the end and then met a blue ship.....
I thought that was the guys from the beginning
then......
I fired
it fired...
end of story

hahah, you met the icocrym I do think.
Image
Image
User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5400
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

lol, why did you skip to the end? XD
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 1080ti | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970
Office Systems: 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 3770, 16GB, some old quadro | i5 3210m, 8GB | some i7 macbook
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2764
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

How did he skip the end seems like a better question. :)
Image
Image
User avatar
Wolfy
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5400
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Ttech wrote:How did he skip the end seems like a better question. :)
lol, good question XD
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'hycrotan 'nonBinary))
Image
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 1080ti | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970
Office Systems: 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 3770, 16GB, some old quadro | i5 3210m, 8GB | some i7 macbook
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2764
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

I know. :) I have a hunch he some how got one of those blue gems - I forgot the name but those things kept messing me up early game as well. And you can't exactly go back either.
Image
Image
User avatar
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Starton Australia

Ttech wrote:I know. :) I have a hunch he some how got one of those blue gems - I forgot the name but those things kept messing me up early game as well. And you can't exactly go back either.
Gem of Despair, I think.

They warp you to Elysium, similiar to the Jumpdrive/Stargate trick.

I used one of these the first times I played the game, went straight to Heretic and got blown to smithereens.... XD
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.
Contact:

Gem of Despair... How apt a name :)
Image
Image
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
User avatar
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Starton Australia

Drako Slyith wrote:Gem of Despair... How apt a name :)
You get good Domina cred if you donate those things, too. :)
Post Reply