Radiation, eh?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
A Black Pen
Anarchist
Anarchist

So I go into this system (can't remember the name, it's the one between the one with the arena and the one with a whole bunch of pirate bases in a large asteroid belt.) I beat the living daylights out of the pirates there, and then I find this shipwreck, glowing green. I think, "Ooh! some sort of high-tech sheild or another!" HA! Now my ship is infected with radiation and I have 170 seconds to live. Idiot that I am saved IRGHT after undocking with said ship. Do I have a snowball's chance of getting out of it alive?
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It depends. A friendly Commonwealth station will cure you (pretty much anywhere that will confiscate illegal items, dry dock, commonwealth station, etc.), and if you have a decontamination barrel, it will also cure you. I'd suggest running for the nearest CW station and if you can't get there in time, try all your unidentified barrels.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

hahaha, of course you have a chance black pen that's why your time is limited! Try to think of ridding yourself of your illegal stuff before docking at the dry dock, fortress or CW station.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just hope ya have 250 credits when ya dock, else you'll be turned away and will have to fend on your own.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

you could use a barral of decon jell if you have one, but go to the drydock if you dont have an identifyed one
A Black Pen
Anarchist
Anarchist

Had to restart... I was too far away from a station... ah well. Thanks for trying.