HEEEELP

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Enemy of the Ringers

HELP! I destroyed a ringer station with the QAC (for a lvl 10 weapon(80,000 rins fragment, plasma), probably this Kyrtin Launcher people are talking about) but now the ringers will freeze me if i dock at their stations(not too surprizing). How can I install the level 10 weapon!
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

have you tried duct tape?

in all seriousness, I've never considered destroying a ringer station, I am not sure if there is a way to install your device. This gives rise for an interesting suggestion; any thoughts on having an "autoloader" device that allows you to swap a weapons without the help of a station?
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I could be wrong, but I think Ringers are currently the only ones able to install a device of that level. Besides, there is no ammo available in the game for the Kyrtin launcher yet anyways.

SparcMan wrote:I could be wrong, but I think Ringers are currently the only ones able to install a device of that level. Besides, there is no ammo available in the game for the Kyrtin launcher yet anyways.
So in other words, I destroyed a Ringer Shipyard for a weapon that I would otherwize have spent 80,000 rins, for a weapon that doesn't even work??? That is kind of annoying.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You know, this game is only in beta phase so you could have expected something like this to occur. It's just unlucky you picked the kytryn launcher and also you should have died while trying to destroy ringers :wink: can i argue that?

All high-end weapons that require ammo have a drawback at this time, there's not enough ammo to go round unless you're lucky. A related point is that blackmarket shipyards won't buy the military ammo you can offer, if they did i would make a stash before deciding which weapon to install.

hmm, sounds about right. That station(shipyard) was actually quite easy to destroy. I shout at it long range (30-50 distance) with the QAC. It was also in a nebula.
Aegeus

If you want to kill ringers, find a station with a coupla ranx fortresses, lure the dreadnoughts to the ringers, turn off your ICX, and let the carnage begin. :twisted:
Revolver
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I tried doing that once, the Ringers killed both of the Dreads. :?
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

the important part there being TURN OFF YOUR ICX. Bad things happen otherwise.
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Atheist_Chuck
Anarchist
Anarchist

It's a pity...for the countless times i've killed the Iocrym, not once did his nice and shiny guns survive intact or undamaged.

finally, when it does, i find out that theb Quantumsphere Disintegrator is a level XIII weapon and thus cannot be installed, even by the Ringers. this makes me very sad. :(
Wolfen+Iocrym=Iocrym wreck =D
ultrabot90
Anarchist
Anarchist

Enemy of the Ringers wrote:HELP! I destroyed a ringer station with the QAC (for a lvl 10 weapon(80,000 rins fragment, plasma), probably this Kyrtin Launcher people are talking about) but now the ringers will freeze me if i dock at their stations(not too surprizing). How can I install the level 10 weapon!
I think your problem may be solved by going to Point Juno
-regards,
ultrabot90
WARNING-v strong language, but still good.A gamers manifesto
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

ultrabot90 wrote:
Enemy of the Ringers wrote:HELP! I destroyed a ringer station with the QAC (for a lvl 10 weapon(80,000 rins fragment, plasma), probably this Kyrtin Launcher people are talking about) but now the ringers will freeze me if i dock at their stations(not too surprizing). How can I install the level 10 weapon!
-regards,
ultrabot90
Unfortunately, that is not true. Point Juno can only install level 9 weapons/devices. Currently, only Ringers can install level 10 weapons.
ultrabot90
Anarchist
Anarchist

george moromisato wrote:
ultrabot90 wrote:
-regards,
ultrabot90
Unfortunately, that is not true. Point Juno can only install level 9 weapons/devices. Currently, only Ringers can install level 10 weapons.
Ack. :oops:
-regards,
ultrabot90
WARNING-v strong language, but still good.A gamers manifesto
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think only the Ringers can install lvl 10 anythings. I'm not sure.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yes. Ringers can only install lvl 10 weapons. that's sad. Maybe we can have some new station that installs weapons that's higher and doesn't install lvl 3s... etc.
>.<