What's In Your Vessel?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Has anyone (who uses the freighter) tried the heavy ithalium armor yet? It's killer! At 400 HP and level X, it's resistant to thermo and plasma--vulnerable to Ion... No biggie, just hit `em with Ion barrels and you got a wicked set of armor that can withstand a serious pounding before it will collapse.

Move over Holocroal, there's a real bad boy in the midst!
Siegfried
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

FAD wrote:Has anyone (who uses the freighter) tried the heavy ithalium armor yet? It's killer! At 400 HP and level X, it's resistant to thermo and plasma--vulnerable to Ion... No biggie, just hit `em with Ion barrels and you got a wicked set of armor that can withstand a serious pounding before it will collapse.

Move over Holocroal, there's a real bad boy in the midst!
Interesting, Ill have to give it a shot.
Self proclaimed Poofter Extradonaire :D
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think it's pretty rare, but it can't be that hard to find.
Sounds good, i'll give it a try! ;)
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I had three segments. Got murdered, but a proccesor and a ranx.
>.<
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:I had three segments. Got murdered, but a proccesor and a ranx.
Guess you needed all four segments Musta been that odd segment that got ya killed. :P
I've lost shields to the Ranx D while using that armor and it held up nicely against the beast. Gave me plenty of time to safely retreat and let the Spider do the repairs. Actually, that armor never got damaged past 300 HP during that battle. It's some tough stuff!
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The other piece was dimond lattuce...
>.<
Boris the Cat
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Yugimotomanager wrote:I think it's pretty rare, but it can't be that hard to find.
Sounds good, i'll give it a try! ;)
Actually, I don't think it's all that rare. I think I usually find a full set a few systems after St. K's. 'Course, since I use the Wolfen, I don't get to use them, but they're still worth a pretty penny.

Then again, the RNG is notoriously fickle...
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Where on earth did u find 4 plates of ithalium???I only find them in the ventauri cruiser's citedel.
>.<
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

goat not sheep wrote:The other piece was dimond lattuce...
Ahh.. See, diamond lattice is also level X, but only 160 HP and no added resistances, only balanced. Huge differance when comparing it with heavy ithalium.

Check all the stores that sell alien items, you'll find them. May take a couple stores to get a full set.
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hmm...ok. What do you mean alien stores...? Ringers and teratons are the only ones i know.
>.<
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well, try them.
I also believe Taikon stations sell alien items.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

i pick up all sorts of things, but genrely upgrade the recoilless to a heavy and then a partisan, before getting a particle. i don't pick up a secondary weapon until well after St. Kathrines. i go from class one to monopole and then class three. i get armor at random because i find that armor collapses fast when sheilds are down.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

hmm.. I go for basic shields > red elk > grey wolf/ grey wolf Mk.II, and weapons... basic > As-3 > flak-3 > tri-particle (modded, all of it)
oh, basic > plasteel > heave plasteel > diamond lattice (the best avaliable last time I I got that far)
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

wait...is that a mod?
>.<
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

all in my mod, anyway.