Battling it out in the Heretic

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I feel my hands are in a bind. I've destroyed all the Ares Communes and Shipyards. No more remaining enemy except...

I'm presently docked with the CSC Terra. My installed weapons are the IM90 and Plasma Cannon. I also have TM7 multicannon, Rasiermesser Launcher(installed), NAMI Heavy Launcher, NAMI Mine Launcher, MAG Launcher (with 98Rs), and Ares Launcher (War Hammers and micronukes). I can buy back my +150%Fusionfire Howitzer from the Teratons but I got no archcannon whatsoever.

I have destroyed 9 Locrym sentinels but there are more than a dozen waiting for me at the stargates. Luckily Mr. Atami's daughter is still alive and there's 1 remaining Commonwealth Station in the Heretic. I'm open for suggestions on how to finish this. I failed in neurohacking the Locrym AI. Admiral Decker is pissed for the stolen Lamplighter prototype(I happened to see the Antarctica leave the Dantalion System even before meeting the CSC Terra). What more must I do? Help...... :(
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It sounds like all of the research stations in Heretic were destroyed. If that has happened, the only way to get the ROMs Kate needs to advance the plot is to destroy Iocrym sentinels until their wrecks leave behind ROMs. Until you shut down the manipulators, Iocrym sentinels will come after you in ever increasing numbers. This means you can farm them, and they have the excellent loot.

You have the IM90, that is all you need to kill Iocrym. If it is unenhanced, it will take longer, but you will kill them. Just keep your distance and fire as they follow. Plasma cannon is almost as effective as the Lamplighter. You may want to buy back your +150% Fusionfire, since the recoil may be handy. Every other weapon/launcher you listed will be ineffective against Iocrym; you will run out of ammo first.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Thank you very much PM. I never thought the Locryms could spawn that fast. I thought I'm experiencing warshock or PTSD or something for they seem indestuctible even if they're slow moving. Your advise will be very well taken. Thanks again. :)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Iocrym sentinels spawn in waves. The next wave does not spawn until you destroy the current wave. When the next wave spawns, it has a chance of one extra sentinel over the previous wave. The waves will stop once the manipulators are shut down.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I remember my first wave : I was stumbling around trying to figure out the fastest combination to solve the puzzle and ran straight into them: spent a LONG time on the star for protection as I picked them off one at a time: I died because they had destroyed all other stations, but I had lots of kills before I went :P
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Kate and I shut it down. It was hard and nasty. I thank Domina for her powers and I thank PM for boosting my morale. Now for the final battle...

Wish me luck guys for I am facing the locrym hoodlum who started the great Heretic anomaly. I'm gonna give 'em all I've got, all the firepower I've stashed and stored, I will bring his house down, nay, burn it down to the ground. I'll make him pay and make him kneel to beg for my mercy...

I am a Legend of the Korolov and Hero of the Arena: Major of the Commonwealth Militia and Captain of the Commonwealth Fleet will give him none of it. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :evil:

Ed: Is there no hero's welcome after this? Just asking. He-he-he!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

.... then finally I DID IT! It took me 3 tries to nail 'em down then pow he's down ...and out! :D

I played 1.05 with no mods in effect for I put it all in the Extensions folder mid-game and this version proved very versatile and stable enough. Thank you very much George for the fun we get playing in your Transcendence Universe.

Now I still have to continue 1.01 which I am still playing...

Note: I apologize for misspelling the Iocrym for at first I see it like with a lowercase L. I get cross-eyed sometimes when I stare to much on the pc monitor for so long I guess. :oops:
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Congrats!!! How does it feel to slap that mothership in the face? :D
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

IT REALLY FELT GOOD BRO!!!! Actually I bit*h slapped her ugly Iocrym face three times and told her she's so ugly that the doctors slapped her mother for bringing her out. He-he-he!!! :D
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Nice. Its such a wonderful felling when you first destroy it. The frustration, anger and adrenaline.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey I forgot to tell that Iocrym ho' " Hasta la vista Baby." before the death blow. :lol:

One thing kept hanging in my mind though.

Those Iocrym sentinels seem a bit creepy, don't you think? They close in very slowly like they're evil stalkers and then when near within visual range they fire their Fracture cannon which looked like they're pouring hot oat meal on you. He-he-he. :lol:
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

hot oat meal
Sounds like an awesome way of describing the Iocrym Fracture Cannon :D
Well, congrats on your win! If I may ask, was it a permadeath game by the way?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@RPC
I tried Permadeath many times but there is a saying that the only thing permanent thing in this game is death (loads of times). :lol:

I haven't formulated any effective strategy that I can actually implement on especially when the action gets so exciting that any game plan disappears with the sight of carnage of hardened foes.Take for example the Ventari that I love to hate that when one Vdestroyer crosses my path, the urge to nail it down leads me to my own demise (which makes me lust to crush 'em the more). Have you observed that they even roam as far as the last star system before the Heretic?

In this version I restarted about 4 times before I finished, but with 101 I might have done it almost a dozen times but still with no luck.

How about you? If you succeeded in Permadeath ,uhhh, can you give some pointers on how to make it work right? Pleeeeeeaaaaaase? :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

eric dela cruz wrote:only thing permanent thing in this game is death
Yes. That's a very good piece of advice.

I did once, on 1.03. I was 2 systems away from St.Kat's in a 1.05 permadeath (playing with The Network) then I died in the Korolov-Charon set of gates :(
Next time I died was because I modded and apparently my savefile is out of order :(

A piece of advice: if you don't want to die, please don't do stupid things, and always stay safe. No risk is worth it in Permadeath, because you never know when the RNG will hate your guts.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:
eric dela cruz wrote:only thing permanent thing in this game is death
Yes. That's a very good piece of advice.

I did once, on 1.03. I was 2 systems away from St.Kat's in a 1.05 permadeath (playing with The Network) then I died in the Korolov-Charon set of gates :(
Next time I died was because I modded and apparently my savefile is out of order :(

A piece of advice: if you don't want to die, please don't do stupid things, and always stay safe. No risk is worth it in Permadeath, because you never know when the RNG will hate your guts.
Will do. Aye, aye Cap'n! :wink: