Battling it out in the Heretic

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

VERSION 1.01 Update: After four days of skirmish, hunting, looting, and fighting , once again I find myself IN THE HERETIC!!!!!

Yup I'm very excited because for almost 6 months I tried and tried and finally I am finishing Trans 101. YAHOOO! Nope this is not my first 101 encounter here in Heretic. I remember the dreadful feel it felt once I entered it's gates. I ran away because of that darned creepy Huygens Explorer! In a Sapphire Class I carried just a Mark III Howitzer Akan 600 Turret and MAG Launcher then...but now.

I'm in a Wolfen now with the deadliest guns from the Northwind Arms (Hail Atarlost!). I have theTesla Ion Howitzer (well balanced), super enhanced Cerberus Fusion Cannon (best short range tracking), Mangonel Light Howitzer (very deadly long range thermo) with Claymore VPL and Starfire MBS (lots and lots of goodies in tow). Of course there's the ever reliable Omnithermo cannon, MAG launcher, NAMI Launcher, and our enemy's best- the Ares Launcher. I have yet to get the IM90 (got lots of enhancers to boot). I'm so happy and I just can't hide it!

I restarted this version a lot of times and it's my first with the Northwind mod. Is this the only mod that is compatible with 101? I'll try it again next time without this but for now let the carnage continue!
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

v101 Update: Confused if I still need to buy IM90. Tesla Ion Howitzer only 60% enhancement proved VERY FATAL to Phobos and Deimos. Wonder if same will do with Iocrym Sentinels and ICS. Still got 15 Lonzus in my cargo. Cerberus Fusion Cannon+150% deadly only close range. Anyone please advise.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Version 1.01 FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoooooooo!!!!!
I fought in the Heretic using Northwind Arms Tesla Ion Howitzer+100% Gustav Norths' Antimatter cannon, Fracture cannon+100% Starfire MBS and Claymore VPLs! I never even got to use the IM90 that much . It was all Tesla Ion and Starfire and Claymore (man those plasma shells and positron sources are BAAAD!). I never had the chance to use the NAMI Heavy Launcher (I got 1 Nemesis, 2 Vulcans and lots of Medusas). Atarlost you are awesome dude. Really.

Of course destroying the ICS was partly those I mentioned above and partly Domina powers and I 've gotta tell how great it feels to finish this game that I first played six months ago and without this forum I'd still be dizzily confused on how to play this. I confess I'm not an Einstein like most or some of you here in this forum and that's the reason why I joined in the first place. To learn and hopefully to share. :)

I got resurrected 63 times (better than what I've hoped) and must have earned a million rins more than credits in this game. If it were in the real world who cares about the Core? Ha-ha-ha! Anyways, I have to mention I brought Volkov with me out of the Heretic(he never found his beloved Helena this time) and left Jenna in the last Commonwealth Fortress we found (she complains a lot ,"I don't like to get far away from home." she says). I was also hoping to post the epitaph but why doesn't CTRL+C work well for me. I tried it with v105 but still no dice. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO POST IT RIGHT! PLEASE?

Lastly, I wanted to share my joy for having defended Point Juno!!!!! But never got the chance to try the Lamplighter once again (sigh).... :roll:
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Try F2 (this brings up your stats). Then try ctrl+C.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:Try F2 (this brings up your stats). Then try ctrl+C.
Its supposed to copy to clipboard right but when I have to paste it in my doc folder it just ain't there.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

erik dela cruz wrote:
RPC wrote:Try F2 (this brings up your stats). Then try ctrl+C.
Its supposed to copy to clipboard right but when I have to paste it in my doc folder it just ain't there.
Usually you have to select what you want to copy, then ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.

Try F2, then ctrl+A (to select All), then ctrl+C.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Many thanks RPC and Yama. I'll try again before I restart 101. I'm in the middle of 105 now and nearing Point Juno. Still gotta do missions with the CSC Asia to get promotion. Hehehe. I'm hoping to finish this with less than 10 resurrections and presently I got 5. Wish me luck. :)
mtirchick
Anarchist
Anarchist

Would you happen to know a Rio Dela Cruz or J.R. :?: I have worked with those two before...
New things interest me.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just remembered... I think F2 was a feature for 1.04+, so it wouldn't work for 1.01. It definitely works for my 1.05 though.
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

erik dela cruz wrote:...... but when I have to paste it in my doc folder it just ain't there.
I just thought of another possibility.....

If it copies to the clipboard as text, rather than as a text file, you won't be able to paste it into a folder. Try opening a new document in a text editor (notepad, wordpad, etc.,..) and see if you can paste the text into the document.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sad but true. 101 can't be posted but I'll try it again for 104 and up. I hope there's no prob with THE NEW 106. YAHOOO!!! Again thanks guys! :)
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

mtirchick wrote:Would you happen to know a Rio Dela Cruz or J.R. :?: I have worked with those two before...
Nope but de la Cruzes are common in the Philippines. I kinda think we own the country. Hehehe. :lol:
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Game Update: Point Juno defended and docked with the CSC Terra. It's a sad and difficult plight of mine trying to fight off the fate of Rama. Now my game resurrection projection is below 20 deaths. Tsk-tsk-tsk. Damn those Chasms! :x
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

105 Game update: FINISHED. But still dunno how to post my game stats. I have 10 resurrections(one game crash included). I really want to share my stats, though I followed your advises, I still got no luck. Can you guys teach me step by step like tutoring a five-year old? :oops:

After entering the last stargate, the epitaph that says blah-blah-blah To be continued appears and then the stats. Below it says Arrows to scroll then Ctrl+C Copy to clipboard. I press Ctrl+C then?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah. Ctrl + C then paste it into Word or notepad.
Also, F2 works, so if you need to access your stats, just press F2 and voíla!