Quick weapon Q

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
AndWheeee
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm at the stage in the game dwarg and ventari stations have just appeared. My particle gun is becoming obsolete so what weapon would you recommend I go for now?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The traditional choice would be a katana starcannon. However there's also the thermo-cannon (if you can afford/find ammunition for it), the ion flame cannon (which is a personal favourite of mine) and the Hanzo Blaster/ Dual TeV9 weapons. Howitzers also work for dogfighting when you've found a speed-loader (and some other form of enhancement).

Whatever you get, make it count.....and start looking for enhancement items. Guns work a lot better when they're enhanced, and you can (with a little practise) minmax the HELL out of your ship and kill everything with ease.

Example: If you find a hanzo blaster (which I feel is better than a dual TeV9).....then look around for a bushido enhancer (it's a device, but worth the slot IF you have a bushido weapon like an X-ray laser, Katana, Ion flame or Hanzo), a particle accelerator, and either a weapon optimiser ROM or as many particle sources as possible. Add all that up, and you've got something that will kill anything that isn't particle immune (sadly, there's quite a few enemies that are)

Or for a Mk.V howitzer.....I think you'd go for Makayev enhancer (if they do thermo weapons, not sure...), a High Speed Howitzer Loader, and either tritium injectors or, again, an optimiser ROM.

Final example, the Ion Flame cannon. Add a bushido enhancer onto it and a load of ion capacitors. It's not the best weapon out there for killing stations, but at close range, it'll blast through most enemy ships nice and easily.

Of course, you don't need ALL the enhancers for a weapon (you're unlikely to find them), but get as many as you can...ordering them at corporate traders works pretty well.

Basically, when shopping for weapons, you're looking for something that's ion or thermo, MAYBE particle if it's a good enough weapon, and can be enhanced to ludicrous levels.

Oh, and always have two damage types. Ion and thermo is a good combo, as is particle and thermo. Don't rely on particle + Ion, as there are enemies that are immune to both.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.