Volkov repair question

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

How do I get Volkov to repair? He says he's 79% damaged, so I've left him behind at a Commonwealth station right past St. K, and there's no option to repair his armor when I dock there. He doesn't do it himself. Actually, if I could give him one of my patch spiders that would be awesome.

I had another question but I can't remember it right now. I'll ask it here when I do.
I'm here to shift paradigms and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
<DarthGeek|2> :o
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

From my expirence, he only repairs at commonwealth dry dock and up

Edit: As he uses Advanced Reactive Armor, the normal commonwealth stations cant repair that armor, i havent seen him go to a korolov station to repair, either.

Once your past st kats, mostly everything can repair level 4+ armor
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ah, thanks! Volkov's fine now.

As to the other question, I just remembered... when a Commonwealth Station says there are "no missions currently available", do you just have to wait like at Korolov? I've stayed in a system for several minutes doing various things (killing stations mostly) and every time I go back to the Fortress, they won't give me a mission.

<+The_Shrike> If you install 2 solar panels, you will have 2 solar panels installed.
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

Congrats, you have been reassigned to the commonwealth fleet! You have gotten the maximum rank a militia captain can get, so give yourself a pat on the back, clear out the ungoverned territories of hostile stations, and get ready for the ares orthodoxy and CW fleet missions in the outer realm!

Protips:
Don't kill the hurai and wipe out most of the sung for a special surprise
Use low energy shields in the early-mid game and save on fuel till you get the 1GW reactor!
If you want spoilers, feel free to ask.
Shivan Hunter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Twir wrote:Don't kill the hurai
Um... crap. I remembered reading something about them helping out later on, but they showed up as red dots on my minimap and I shot at a destroyer before I recognized what it was. I didn't kill it, I doubt I could have, especially with the huge station next to it. Will they be pissed later?

Yeah, fuel's becoming a problem. I have a 30MW Nephren P25, a 30MW dual Flenser, and both my patch spiders are 10MW. This is pushing my poor little Nova-100 to the limit- it's overloaded a few times using everything at once and shut down my shield :P

Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

Shivan Hunter wrote:
Twir wrote:Don't kill the hurai
Um... crap. I remembered reading something about them helping out later on, but they showed up as red dots on my minimap and I shot at a destroyer before I recognized what it was....
Been there, done that. :oops:
Shivan Hunter wrote: ....I didn't kill it, I doubt I could have, especially with the huge station next to it. Will they be pissed later?
If you just shot at them and missed, they'll still become friendly once you've destroyed a total of at least six Sung fortresses and/or citadels. If you actually hit one of their ships or stations (if they shot back at you, it's a pretty strong indication that you did), I'm afraid you're permanently on their s___ list.

That's not entirely bad though. It means you're free to start hunting them once you're strong enough. The loot from Huari wrecks is quite lucrative. You can take the coils to a Tinker station and turn them (custom work) into superconducting shield generators. You can sell those to an armor dealer for about 2500 credits each, if I remember right.
Shivan Hunter wrote:Yeah, fuel's becoming a problem. I have a 30MW Nephren P25, a 30MW dual Flenser, and both my patch spiders are 10MW. This is pushing my poor little Nova-100 to the limit- it's overloaded a few times using everything at once and shut down my shield :P
You should keep the patch spiders uninstalled most of the time to prevent them from getting damaged, and they use no power when they're not installed. After a battle where you're armor gets beat up, retreat to a safe place and then install your patch spiders and wait. Once repairs are complete, uninstall them again and proceed about your business.
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you befriend the Huari, they will turn green. Until then, they appear as red as any other enemy. If you destroy one of their ships or stations, it becomes impossible to befriend the Huari. Shooting but not destroying a Hurin ship does not impact relations.

As for reactor, you will want a 250MW reactor as soon as possible. The midgame is unforgiving in availability for reactors above 100 MW. The easiest source for a 250 MW reactor on sale is a Black Market shipyard, but you need a black market id to dock (not guaranteed in every game), and the shipyards themselves do not always spawn in every game. They are also expensive, and credit moneymaking is harder. You may also farm Huari or Ventari ships for 250 MW reactors, but you probably need better weapons to destroy them. You cannot kill Huari if you want to befriend them, and Ventari are very dangerous to tangle with, especially if you are playing 1.01 instead of a beta.

Other tips:
* If you are playing 1.01, avoid Ventari at all costs unless you have ion-effect immune armor. Their ion disruptors will permanently damage equipment.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.