Has anybody tried....

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Krull
Anarchist
Anarchist

Okay I dunno how to look this up so if it's been mentioned before sorry,if not I may have created a new attack! :twisted:

It's helpful when you run into enemies who like to swarm and you've got about a half bazillion of them all over you:

Hold down the <- to start rotating then hit the "A" key to go into warp and ZAP! you start spinning like a maniac and shooting all over hell's half acer only problem is if you wander next to a station they ain't gonna like you too much :lol:

Also works going straight you speed up and so does your rate of fire.
What part of "Phn'glui mlgw'nafh Cthulhu ry'leh wagn'nagi ftaghn" don't you understand? Image
Twir
Closed Account
Closed Account

Why i tend to do it with new weapons, just to see the radar light up!
While its not a good attack, i love to do it with weapons with a high fire rate or multiple projectiles, as swarms tend to not last long with all of your angles are covered by dakka,
Empty
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm using the speed up just to take down stations when i'm unable to effort a more fitting weapon. But it might be a very nice show to do that spinning while firing cluster mags with enhanced firing speed. :mrgreen:
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Nah, here's the trick to try:

After finding your target, fly out to a safe distance away from it, pointing DIRECTLY at it. This is VERY important, if you miss the target, you are WASTING TIME AND AMMUNITION.

1. Switch to the weapon with the slowest moving projectile, this must have a long range. You should be about 20ls outside the maximum range of this weapon at least. Don't get too far outside it, especially if it's an ammunition weapon.....you'll be extending the range by your attack style, but for a first try, keep it simple.
2. Fire while accelerating towards the target, preferably, a space station. Start firing just before you start moving, and accelerate so as to keep the shots as close together as possible (This is important)
3. Change to a faster weapon, fire more projectiles.
4. Keep doing this, including your missile launcher.
5. if you've done it RIGHT (and it's difficult to do it this way, with multiple weapons), you have created a "Time on Target" attack, and will wipe out most of the guards and a lot of the station health in between 0.5 and 3 seconds. Try to make sure some hits strike afterwards to take out any injured defenders scrambling to attack you. DO NOT CONTINUE THE RUN TOO CLOSE TO THE TARGET. This is a hit and run tactic, and the whole point is to inflict massive damage *without* attracting return fire. Preferably, you should be turning away at a safe distance no later than as the first few shots are hitting. Preferably before then.
6. Retreat to a safe distance, repeat.

Note: Does not work against all stations. Anything with patrols at some distance (like ventari) can be trickier to time, and forget about trying this with sung citadels). You can use this against capital ships, but it's difficult as hell and wastes ammo.

Doing the full-blown version is hard, and requires careful work on your setup (An ares launcher and some form of howitzer makes for an awesome one. Warhammers first, then howitzer, then micronukes AND howitzer)....doing the smallest version (with one weapon and/or your missile launcher still takes good timing, but is easy to practise and can be done while dogfighting if your aim is OK.....it also helps a LOT with getting rid of stronger enemies if you can attack them before they shoot at you.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.