Where did all the Tinkers go?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
zraven7
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ok, so I'm in Outer Realm space, a few systems in, and I haven't found a system with a Tinker in it for a while. I'm carting around a bunch of nice damaged weapons, and I've already gotten all the money I can get out of the Tinkers in previous systems. Is this all just dead weight now?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Tinkers do not appear past Jiang's Star. However, past Jiang's Star are the Teratons. Some of their stations have a fabricator. Go spoil yourself on how they work, and marvel at their gamebreaking power. Fabricators accept damaged items just as well as undamaged items.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
zraven7
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ah. Appreciated. Cargo bay was gettin a lil full of broken stuff.
DangerousDude
Anarchist
Anarchist

OMG I am playing a game and I haven't found 1 SINGLE TINKER! AAAH!
I have stopped looting damaged weapons and radioactive barrels because the former is either worth not much or un-sellable and the latter I cannot turn into a radioactive weapon!
I Blew Up The Charon Fortress!
I Beat The Slicer!
Cirevam
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

For radioactive waste, I try not to ID any barrels I find from random loot (since waste is never sold in shops) until I get some uranium fuel. Then I dump all of my other barrels, use the uranium fuel, and wait until one rod is consumed. I write down the name of the unidentified waste barrel and never ID it in the game, so I can at least sell or ignore them for the rest of the game.

I know how you feel about tinkers not showing up. Then I'll end up with three in a single system and wonder why they couldn't spread out more :/
DangerousDude
Anarchist
Anarchist

Muahahahahhahaha
Made actinade waste cannon and sold it in the Maintanence Level of Corporate Enclave!

I iz smuggler...HAN SOLO!
I Blew Up The Charon Fortress!
I Beat The Slicer!