Transwarp unstable in this area!

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
jb12
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am trying to use the jump drive after I mined volcanic ores in the Beyond Mainline Mod, but I can't seem to be able to jump to Elysium? I have only traveled as far as St. Kat, and have tried jumping from the landmark gates (St. Kat, Eridani, RA).
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Spoiler: click on here to reveal
If you are using the jumpdrive correctly and it's not working, I suspect a mod is causing a bug
Amilir
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Beyond the Mainline does not appear to have the Elysium system. Trying to jump to it will never work. This may or may not be intentional on the part of Pixelfck, but it doesn't appear to be a bug.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ohh, of course !
"Transpace unstable in this area!" is the message you get if Elysium is missing from the topology. :)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey,

This behaviour is indeed caused by the Beyond the Mainline mod. It is not a bug, instead it is behaviour as intended.

At fist I had the intention of removing the jump-drive entirely, then I decided to only remove the short cut star system Elysium and leave the in-system jump functionality as-is.
I choose not to include the Elysium star system because it always felt like a cheat, goes against the exploration idea and, since the systems the Elysium gates jump you to have a random distribution, may leave you missing out on entire branches.

I there is a strong consensus that Elysium needs to be supported, I will see that it is included in a next release. (But even than, it will require a new game to be started for Elysium to be available).

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

pixelfck wrote:I choose not to include the Elysium star system because it always felt like a cheat
You were wise to remove Elysium if that is your opinion.

I make it a priority to get unlimited Elysium access as soon as possible. This lets me manage loot and exploit various tricks much more easily.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.