Dark Orb that transported me to another system (Elysium)

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Sebastiani
Anarchist
Anarchist

**SPOILER ALERT**

looted this orb, and used it, and it transported me, and somehow forced me to save, to Elysium system. I can't remember the exact name of the orb, and can't find it in the item list on Transcendence Wiki, so I am wondering if I should lose 45 min of gameplay and restore a save file so I can sell the orb, or use it at a better time, or just use the gate back to St. Kat's and waste the sphere? I don't need to go anywhere else. If the orb is worthless, i'd rather not lose the time, I've heard about a jump drive which will make it obsolete sooner or later...
Last edited by Sebastiani on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

That's a Gem of Despair. They can be rather handy for trade and backtracking....if you enter a gate in Elysium, it'll take you to the gate in that system that goes forward in the adventure (eg. The gate in St.K's that doesn't go to Charon). They are not especially valuable items, so just find the latest system you remember among the various gates there and head through that way. Or backtrack if you've got stuff you want to buy/sell there.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Gem of despair.
Usually can be found in penitent shrines.

It's pretty useful when you have a lot of money, but don't have good weapon/shield/whatever. Go to end-game system, avoid enemies as they can easily destroy you and buy stuff you want. Use another gem and go back from where you went.

Or, the same practique can be used for obtaining big amount of money - go to end-game system, mine some ore and go back.

Or, if you have powerful enough weapons, you could try to kill some either high-level enemies or stations. Stations are weaker than ships.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

EditorRUS wrote:Gem of despair.
Usually can be found in penitent shrines.

It's pretty useful when you have a lot of money, but don't have good weapon/shield/whatever. Go to end-game system, avoid enemies as they can easily destroy you and buy stuff you want. Use another gem and go back from where you went.

Or, the same practique can be used for obtaining big amount of money - go to end-game system, mine some ore and go back.

Or, if you have powerful enough weapons, you could try to kill some either high-level enemies or stations. Stations are weaker than ships.
Or do what I do and go to the high-end systems then steal some loot and sell it.

Then again, I usually use Dynamic Systems for this, but recently I've been uninstalling it because it makes the game too easy.