Inventory Lost

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
nmestel
Anarchist
Anarchist

As the title implies, I've lost everything in my cargo hold. According to the wiki, "bad things" happen when you use the jump drive while emp'd, which was exactly what I was doing before I lost all of my things. I can accept that, but is it gone forever or has it been tossed into elyssium or something? It's not where I was when I jumped or where I jumped to.

Really, I would be fine if not for the loss of my military ID. Is there a way to get a second one? All of the bases are out of missions and the CSCs won't give me the time of day. You'd think they would recognize me :(
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Using jumpdrive while paralyzed (by EMP) will automatically jettison items into crates and scatter them up to range 75 away from your destination jump point. Just find the crates and take your items back. The danger is getting to the crates before a Salvager or a triggerhappy enemy with WMD, like a Gaian Processor, does. If the crates get destroyed, then items are lost permanently.

Aside from rare, lucky random drops, there are only two places to get military ID: random reward from the rebuilt Korolov in Charon, or finishing first successful mission for the Commonwealth Militia. Losing military ID permanently hurts so much it might as well be a game ender.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
nmestel
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ah, must have missed it in my mad dash to find somewhere to refuel.

Thanks
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

See, this is one of the reasons why I think there should be a compartment in the cockpit of your ship for small items such as IDs. They don't belong in the cargo hold anyway. That's the more realistic version.

The practical version would be to exempt Military IDs from being included in random events, or, to set a global 'hasMilitaryID=True' for the player once he/she receives the ID through either Korolov (in Charon) or the Militia after the first mission. Black market IDs should remain at risk as they currently are, with random events. Losing a Black market ID is not as much of a game breaker as losing a Military ID is. Black market IDs are a little easier to accquire than a Military ID is, when needing to replace them. You just have to do a little back tracking and farming to get them...where as with the Military ID, once it's lost, it's virtually near impossible to replace it.

Another option could be with having risen in the military ranks, to negate having to show your ID when boarding military ships or entering militia stations. They should know who you are by then.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think ID should be like an intrinsic in Nethack. Once you get an ID, it becomes a part of your character (unless stripped by the equivalent of a gremlin later), instead of a token item that can be lost relatively easily.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.