[Spoilers] Huari mission

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
bzm3r
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I sold my thioseptal vial by mistake...so I doubled back to the station, to try and get it back, but...it wasn't in the station's items.

Is there anything I can do now to get a thioseptal vial, or is the Huari storyline done for me this playthrough?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You could probably blow up the station. I think thiospetal has the notforsale tag on it.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Better yet, lure an enemy with a decent weapon over to the station, attack the station until it has only 1% health remaining, and trick the enemy into destroying it. That should get you out of any severe criminal penalty(assuming the station is CW or CH).
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Your vial is gone, and destroying the station probably will not work due to (intDestroyItems...) destroying some items.

Your only recourse is to explore deep space around range 1200-1500 away from the primary star in one system within Ungoverned Territories. (It helps to drop a crate on a star and target it before you explore, so you can track range.) You can find Huaramarca this way, but it is tedious unless you get lucky and guess right the first time.

Aside: If you commit a crime against a Commonwealth station, you can always plead "Not Guilty" for 25% chance to escape punishment. If I break permadeath, I exploit this. Blow up Commonwealth stations I want or sell slaves to Black Market, get arrested, then plead Not Guilty, reload game if it fails, save game if it works.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:Your vial is gone, and destroying the station probably will not work due to (intDestroyItems...) destroying some items.
Tested with 1000 vials. 700 survived the station's destruction.

So, 70/30 odds.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

For items that are not devices or armor, the quantity that survives is simply 70% of the original. However, fractions are truncated. For example, 70 * 1 / 100 = 0.7, which is truncated to zero. For a single item like the aforementioned vial, 70% of one is zero. Thus, destroying a station to get the vial back will not work.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:For items that are not devices or armor, the quantity that survives is simply 70% of the original. However, fractions are truncated. For example, 70 * 1 / 100 = 0.7, which is truncated to zero. For a single item like the aforementioned vial, 70% of one is zero. Thus, destroying a station to get the vial back will not work.
You're right, good catch.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

JohnBWatson wrote:Better yet, lure an enemy with a decent weapon over to the station, attack the station until it has only 1% health remaining, and trick the enemy into destroying it. That should get you out of any severe criminal penalty(assuming the station is CW or CH).
WOW!! You are sneaky I would hate to have to battle you in Anacreon! :shock: . :twisted:
NH620
YairHunter
Anarchist
Anarchist

I used the console to get another unique item, when a bug in the previous version(reported by someone else) prevented it. This should work:

(objAddItem gplayerShip (itmCreateByName "*" "vial"))
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

YairHunter wrote:I used the console to get another unique item, when a bug in the previous version(reported by someone else) prevented it. This should work:

(objAddItem gplayerShip (itmCreateByName "*" "vial"))
Better yet, instead of doing a lookup, use the objects UNID directly to create the item:

Code: Select all

(objAddItem gPlayerShip (itmCreate 0x08020105 1))
~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

The Hard Mission- Defend Hurai, seems hard at first, but can won easily if you maxed out dominia powers. Fly to the middle of the attack fleet, and use Shatter, that'll wipe out 2/3 of them.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Shatter will destroy them, but leave no wrecks behind. That defeats the point of the hard mission, assuming the player knew how to select missions. I select Sung fleet for the gigantic loot pile (to feed the fabricator). If I did not care about loot, I would select Sung base or Dragon Slaver only mission.

neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, if you shatter then it's an easy mission isn't it?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

neogoliath wrote:Well, if you shatter then it's an easy mission isn't it?
Destroying them with shatter has no material benefits over simply choosing to fight a singular Dragon Slaver.

It's a nice boost to your score, though, if you care about that.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Do not accidentally Shatter the Dragon Slaver or you'll never get your free antimatter weapon and dragonballs :3 You can shatter the rest if you wish, but I find it more productive to just go into this place with 4 Dwarg Holochroal and a ship that supports them. >_>'