CDM Shard Powers

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

Has anyone unlocked all of the powers for the CDM shard? Go ahead, I want spoilers. I've got the first 2, can't seem to get any others. I've fed the greedy AI thing every single type of ROM. I haven't delivered Morningstar's message yet. Btw, which set of powers is better - Domina's or CDM's? Can you even get Domina powers in EP? I've seen some of her stations around, but the Sanctum is always closed.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Imperator wrote:Has anyone unlocked all of the powers for the CDM shard? Go ahead, I want spoilers. I've got the first 2, can't seem to get any others. I've fed the greedy AI thing every single type of ROM. I haven't delivered Morningstar's message yet. Btw, which set of powers is better - Domina's or CDM's? Can you even get Domina powers in EP? I've seen some of her stations around, but the Sanctum is always closed.

Yeah, just keep giving the shard computer/soul stuff. Quantum CPUs are pretty good things. You can boost level as much as you want at any time (until it maxes out), but you will only unlock new powers past L2 by completing plot milestones.

The powers are:

Disarm: Absurdly overpowered ability able to take out anything red on the scanner. Can handle almost any foe in the game once you level it up. Practically mandatory to kill some targets (eg. resurrector convoys and larger stations)

Identify: Not all that useful. Can be reasonable though if you get the power high enough. Never as good as an advanced analyser.

Overload: Absurdly powerful, but slow recharging hack. The only offensive hack in the game. Has a fairly short range, but will kill almost any hostile ship if you can stay alive long enough to use it. With the overpowered nature of internal HP in 1.5, particularly in Eternity Port, this is an exceptionally useful power.

Paralyze: It's an EMP, only it ignores EMP resistance. Very, very powerful. Not quite as useful as Disarm though....because they're spinning, larger targets can be hard to kill. Does not work on stations.

Jettison: Why commerce is completely useless in the mid-late game of EP. Very, very long recharge. Will hack one stack of items from almost any station (hostile or friendly) in the game. Cannot hack installed items. Can be used to get upgrades, or just hack absurdly expensive stuff out of a friendly station and sell it back to them.

In answer to the rest:

- You cannot have both sets of invoke powers, nor can you pick and choose. They're tied to character class (which in EP is "CDM mercenary"), which is currently hardcoded into each adventure.
- Domina Powers are best suited to a hit-and-run style, with a lot of powers that boost defensive abilities.....Sustain is an emergency power for running away, Defend is useful for lots of stuff, Strength is kinda useless, the one I can't remember the name of that repowers shields is absurdly good, and circle of wrath is useful only for blocking incoming missiles.
-CDM powers do not boost your own stats. At all. They rely on interfering with other ships and stations. So you can't ignore incoming fire.
-CDM powers are currently unbalanced. I fully expect future updates to nerf the hell out of some of them. Used correctly, they are significantly more useful than Domina powers. You also don't lose any conducts for using them.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Imperator
Anarchist
Anarchist

Alright, thanks heaps for the detailed reply! Now I definitely prefer the CDM powers :D