Can I get the luminous anti-ion shield?

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

Some luminous drones are completely immune to ion weapons, what shield is that? I never managed to loot it.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

They're not completely immune, just highly resistant. The shield can be looted like any other piece of gear, and is fairly good against sandstorms. However, note that it'll fare very poorly against non - ion damage.
neogoliath
Anarchist
Anarchist

What's the name of that shield? It's not the Ion Reflector it seems, I've used ion reflectors,the Deimos could penetrate it with the lightning turret, yet I emptied my own lightning turret on the luminous drone and never lowered it below 80%.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Luminous Ion Shield. It has more than 500%++ Ion resist, but will be OS or TS by pretty much everything else at that point in the game.

To make Luminous reinforcements spawn with them, blow up the Particle, Blast and Thermo-resist ones with Ion weapons. The, um, Borg will start churning out the ones with Ion shields. You'll know, your ion weapons will simply have no effect. Don't use Particle, Blast or Thermo as it makes them spawn with Particle, Blast and Thermo shields respectively instead. You... may have to switch back and forth between 2 damage types for a bit.

Most of the time Luminous drop nothing. It's ok. If you keep a Luminous Assembler alive it'll keep spamming you with reinforcements. They'll eventually drop the shield system you want, after much faffing about twigging their balancing algorithms. :3
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PRetty much as said above: Luminous assemblers give their drones different shield depending o the guns used to kill previous drones. So blast with an ion gun until it stops working, then swap to positron or plasma or whatever.

An important thing to note: a luminous ion shield will not protect you at all against non-ion damage. In the lategame this is a very dangerous thing indeed. My advice would instead be to go for a more balanced and effective shield, such as the Taikon range of deflectors, the mammoth 100MW, or anything level 9 or 10.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote:An important thing to note: a luminous ion shield will not protect you at all against non-ion damage.
 When they say “at all,” they mean that very literally. Each of the four Luminous shields — or at least the vanilla ones, since Eternity Port introduces new ones — does ridiculously well against one damage type, but has a glaring hole at another damage type where your armor is going to be taking damage from incoming fire even if your shields are at full strength.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)